Xbox 360 warranty

I was at EB pre-ordering a 360 and a few games and the sales guy suggested that I purchase their extended warranty. He told me the 360 only had a 60-90 day warranty and their extended warranty would give me a full year for $40 and I could bring in my busted 360 and get it replaced immediately with now questions asked. I was skeptical about it, but I went ahead and purchased it. When I got to work, I began researching the warranty and discovered that there isn't a lot of information on it. I finally did find one site which said there was a one year warranty already on the 360.

Does anyone have definitive information about the factory warranty?

Another question that I should have asked the EB sales guy is what happens if the box is DOA or dies shortly after and I bring it in for relplacement .... but they're still sold out of them? I'm out $40 and left with a dead 360, aren't I?

I can understand the need for a warranty like this for a brand new product line, but under those circumstances I think I'm better off without.

Well their paid to push that crap at EBgames so don't worry about it, be happy with what you get, the guys just doign his job in pressuring and making the customer paranoid to get his extended warenty quota.