TV question...

My sister wants to buy herself a new TV so she asked me what is better, Plasma or LCD TVs

As I don't know a thing about these stuff I was hoping someone here could help me out :)

For this major of a purchase I would consult Consumer Reports magazine. I seem to recall they did an issue on this subject in the past 6 months or so. I believe there are pros and cons to each type.

I?ll say LC:):) , as least with what we have down in Australia at the moment LCD?s are wining with regards to resolution and response time. Samsung have some nice panels

If you're going to get a Plasma TV watch out for the screen burn-in. Read more about it here. The new LCD TVs are good. You should look into buying one from Samsung.

Dude go to the shops that sell this type of stuff and take a look at them on display.

In Australia we have Harvey Norman I was taking a walk through one of there displays it?s really quire amazing how different the picture quality is on different models.

At the time I walked past most of them where playing sports, on some screens the grass was this bright almost glowing green on others is was a more realistic dull green, the same went for the color of people?s skin. So my advice would be to go and see what you want on display in store.

Neither is better as, right now, they have very different target audiences. Plasmas can affordably reach much larger sizes than any LCD on the mass consumer market while LCD's come in the smaller sizes that people like myself would look for. Plasmas do have better black levels (look at a Pioneer set and you will be amazed), but aren't good for use with a PC or games where there's any kind of static overlay.

You need to ask yourself the following questions:

1. What's my budget?

2. What will I be using it for?

3. What is my budget?

4. What size do I need?

If she can sit down and answer those questions, she'll wind up finding out exactly which technology is best for her.

moved to home theater