Mobile Device Desktops

Old Man Pickle

Lastest ParanoidAndroid for the nexus4

post-234799-0-73351000-1364566085.pngpost-234799-0-67765600-1364566092.png

Love the icons, link to the wallpaper please ??

djdanster

Galaxy S2 on AT&T

CM 10.1 Nightlies

post-76181-0-99432700-1363021075.png

This probably gets asked quite often, but what is that weather widget? thanks :).

Lastest ParanoidAndroid for the nexus4

post-234799-0-73351000-1364566085.pngpost-234799-0-67765600-1364566092.png

Nice looking icons, they got a name?

nekkidtruth

This probably gets asked quite often, but what is that weather widget? thanks :).

That's Chronus. It's part of Cyanogenmod. However, other ROMs have adopted it as well. It's also known as cLock now as well if I remember correctly.

• Like 1
Arceles

Xperia Launcher is indeed one of the best launchers out there :D

screenshot2013033010424.png

SadJoker

That's Chronus. It's part of Cyanogenmod. However, other ROMs have adopted it as well. It's also known as cLock now as well if I remember correctly.

Indeed. It's just called cLock now. :)

AbandonedTrolley

Xperia Launcher is indeed one of the best launchers out there :D

<snip>

It's okay, I've the Xperia S and it's smooth, but I still prefer having the functionality of other launchers like Apex.

Also what's with your notification bar? Looks so cluttered :(

Arceles

Battery indicator, Auto Screen On indicator, Folder Player, plus wifi... I was using some other programs that moment.

LUTZIFER

Mine now...

post-8424-0-87389000-1365064705.jpg

AbandonedTrolley

Battery indicator, Auto Screen On indicator, Folder Player, plus wifi... I was using some other programs that moment.

But why two battery indicators? Why not hide one of them? Also the Network on the left side?

I hate having my bar full up, one thing I don't like about stock Sony is that even NFC has an icon! :(

Arceles

But why two battery indicators? Why not hide one of them? Also the Network on the left side?

I hate having my bar full up, one thing I don't like about stock Sony is that even NFC has an icon! :(

That's because sadly there are no mods for that at the moment, I'm using the stock EU Rom of my UK RAZRi (x86 processor), so no cyanogen or any other good roms... barely some people have begun to play with the kernel... but I hope it will be soon enough.

simonlang

sense 5 icons, sense 4+, jellybean and a few tweaks :)

brings my htc sensation xe right from 2011 to 2013 :D

post-21849-0-18738000-1365074395.png

post-21849-0-22914900-1365074399.png

• Like 1
AbandonedTrolley

sense 5 icons, sense 4+, jellybean and a few tweaks :)

brings my htc sensation xe right from 2011 to 2013 :D

Whoever created that ROM used the ICS icons for debug?

simonlang

sorry what do you mean?

AbandonedTrolley

sorry what do you mean?

The icon in that drop down is the ICS Android icon, pretty certain the JB one is just the Jelly Bean

simonlang

The icon in that drop down is the ICS Android icon, pretty certain the JB one is just the Jelly Bean

i can't influence the dropdown icons... if you mean that "3" icon that's afaik not a specific android icon, rather a customized one, as i can chose from 60+ icons or so, could even add one done by myself.

AbandonedTrolley

i can't influence the dropdown icons... if you mean that "3" icon that's afaik not a specific android icon, rather a customized one, as i can chose from 60+ icons or so, could even add one done by myself.

No that's what I'm, saying though is that the Android icon for your USB Debugging is taken from ICS and not Jelly Bean. So whoever packaged the ROM for some reason went with that rather than the correct one.

simonlang

No that's what I'm, saying though is that the Android icon for your USB Debugging is taken from ICS and not Jelly Bean. So whoever packaged the ROM for some reason went with that rather than the correct one.

oh i see. i didn't even notice that because i couldn't care less. the icons i care about are spot on, and all in all this rom is awesome with all tweaks included. i won't picking arround because of one unimportant icon.

beanboy89

My Kindle now running a 4.2.2 ROM.

qjRRFn6.png

AbandonedTrolley

Xperia S running OpenSEMC BETA the kernal on this thing is pretty much amazing now when the phone is asleep.

post-110545-0-70522700-1365488842.png

Looking to find somewhere to place upcoming appointment on homescreen too. Have an agenda widget on the left homescreen but think I would like one showing on main too.

post-110545-0-94908700-1365488847.png

Detection

2y2EcmB.png

PiPgJfR.png

SadJoker

Woah... what weather app man?

• zhangm unpinned this topic
  • zhangm locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Motorola to release Moto G60 and Moto G40 Fusion on April 20 in India
      by Jay Bonggolto

It has been quite some time since Motorola last introduced a smartphone in India. The company launched the Moto G9 in the country in August 2020 for ₹11,499, featuring a Snapdragon 662 SoC, 48MP camera, and a 5,000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support, among other features.

Later this month, Motorola is set to unveil two new devices in India as part of its G series. The new phones are the Moto G40 Fusion and Moto G60, which the firm teased today on its Instagram account. The handsets will be officially announced on April 20 in India.

Prior to the official unveiling, Motorola spilled the beans on some of the key specs of these handsets. The G40 Fusion is apparently the basic model between the two with 64MP triple camera. On the other hand, the G60 features a 108MP camera. That said, they have the same camera design on the back.

Both smartphones are powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 732G SoC, a chipset often associated with improved gaming experience. Both devices also have the same display. The G60 and G40 Fusion sport a 6.8-inch display with support for HDR10 and 120Hz refresh rate. There's also a punch-hole cutout on the screen for the selfie camera.

Motorola's teaser didn't mention anything about the phones' prices yet. The devices will be available to purchase via Flipkart.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Microsoft Edge Canary is now available on Android with a new UI update
      by Jay Bonggolto

Microsoft has quietly rolled out Edge Canary on Android with a fresh user interface, among other changes. The browser's Canary channel runs version 91 and it introduces a host of features such as access to experimental flags.

The latest build has version number 91.0.858.0 and Microsoft promises to release new builds every day. The Canary build was first spotted by a Reddit user and picked up by Aggiornamenti Lumia.

It's worth noting that Edge Canary on Android has a similar user experience and shell as the regular Edge browser for mobile. For example, it has the same page layout options as the regular Edge. However, the Canary channel does not have the option to view your reading list. It also has a different menu layout compared to the existing Edge mobile browser.

Today's release doesn't entirely come as a surprise seeing as the software giant announced last month that it planned to transition to a common codebase for the desktop, Android, and iOS versions later this year to streamline the development of any new features. The way things are at present, this task needs to be done three times due to the different codebases for Android, iOS, and the desktop.

If you want to try out the preview channel for Edge on Android, it is now available to download via the Google Play Store.

• By Namerah S
      Sony Xperia 1 III and Xperia 5 III price revealed on Sony Russia website
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

In a launch event that was live-streamed on YouTube yesterday, Sony announced its latest trio of smartphones under the Xperia branding. The Japanese conglomerate unveiled the Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 III, and Xperia 10 III.

Almost all the key specifications of the three smartphones were unveiled yesterday. However, Sony chose not to share the exact launch dates and prices of the Xperia devices. Thanks to two new listings on Sony Russia's online store, spotted by Android Authority, the Russian prices are now known. These are likely to be similar in other parts of the world such as the U.S., giving people approximate figures for the phones once they launch in those places as well.

As seen on Sony.ru, the Xperia 1 III boasting a 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 21:9 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass Victus is priced at 99,990 RUB ($1,313.31). The device also features the Snapdragon 888 5G chipset, a 4500mAh with 30W fast-charging, and a quad-camera setup that includes a variable telephoto lens paired with a dual PD sensor.

Meanwhile, the Xperia 5 III is selling for RUB 84,990 ($1,116.29) on the Russian site. The second Xperia device features a 6.1-inch 21:9 HDR 120Hz OLED display with a 21:9 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass 6. It uses the same SoC as the Xperia 1 III, the SD 888 5G chip, and also has a 4500mAh with 30W fast-charging. Both smartphones have IPX5 and IP X8 waterproof certifications paired with IP6X dustproof ratings.

Pre-orders for the two smartphones are currently open on Sony Russia's online store. As for the launch date, Sony Russia has teased launch promotion on its official Instagram handle, revealing Russian release dates and pre-order bonuses for the region.

As seen in the promo banners shared by Sony Russia on the social media platform, the Xperia 1 III is set to arrive on July 20 while the Xperia 5 III is scheduled to launch on August 3. Both Xperia products will ship with a pair of Sony WF-XB700 true wireless earbuds as a pre-purchase bonus.

• By Rich Woods
      Acer announces new ENDURO Urban laptop and tablet
      by Rich Woods

ENDURO Urban T1 Today, Acer is announcing an extension of its ENDURO brand, which is for rugged devices, called ENDURO Urban. It's made for "work and play while on or off the road", and it includes things like IP53 and MIL-STD-810H certifications. With the announcement comes two new devices, the ENDURO Urban T1 and the ENDURO Urban N3.

First up is the T1, which is a 10-inch Android tablet that comes with Android 10 Go edition, a quad-core processor, and 1920x1200 resolution. It weighs in at 595g or 1.31 pounds, and it's 9.8mm thin, impressive specs for something that's designed to be more rugged than the average tablet. Indeed, it's made from shock-absorbant materials and has reinforced bumpers, along with covers for the ports to keep them waterproof.

ENDURO Urban N3 Next up is the ENDURO Urban N3, which is a 14-inch laptop that follows that same kind of design strategy with a rugged design and reinforced bumpers while still not turning it into a big and bulky machine. It's 1.85kg (4.08lbs) and 21.95mm thick, and it includes up to an 11th-gen Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce MX330 graphics. You can also have it configured with up to a 1TB SSD and 32GB DDR4 memory.

You can find the ENDURO Urban T1 here and the ENDURO Urban N3 here. The N3 starts at $799, but the T1 doesn't seem to be for sale just yet.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Mouth-watering user concept of Windows 10 File Explorer has Reddit salivating
      by Usama Jawad

File Explorer in Windows 10 is an essential program that is widely utilized by users of the operating system. While Microsoft updates it from time to time, the changes are usually minor, and related to icon redesigns. This is probably why user concepts of File Explorer surface frequently, re-imagining what the program could look like, should Microsoft decide to fully redesign it at some point.

Today, we are taking a look at a new and sleek user concept for File Explorer created by Reddit user u/Alur2020 that has hundreds of users salivating on the Reddit thread. Have a look below.

The first of two images for the design presents a sleek File Explorer that embraces Fluent Design concepts while maintaining a minimalist look. Key points include the usage of new icons, as well as tags in the pane on the left. As can be seen, this can be utilized to mark and color-code your files and folders, making them easier to spot and presumably, group.

Similarly, another noticeable feature is the addition of tabs, which not only enhances productivity-focused scenarios but also gives it a more browser-based feel which most users will be comfortable with adapting to. It is important to note that Microsoft announced Sets back in 2017, which was supposed to be a new idea for tabbed interfaces in Windows 10. However, the project was shelved in 2019 and doesn't seem to be a part of the Sun Valley update for the operating system later this year eithertoo, based on current information.

Other interesting tidbits include minimalist icons, as well as the settings and profile buttons on the top. Overall, the look is familiar but enhanced to increase productivity and general sleekness.

The second image deals with the UI you get when you open a folder. As can be seen, clicking on an item opens the options at the top where the user can decide what they want to do it with it. This uses the same minimalist icon design seen in the pane on the left.

Talking about the pane on the left, perhaps the most noticeable thing is nested folders. Essentially, users can click on a folder and get a view of the children folders in it. This is especially beneficial if you want to quickly shift between nested folders without having to go back to the root directory again and again.

Overall, the File Explorer user concept has received extremely positive response on Reddit with most lauding it as the best design that they have seen so far. With over 1,500 upvotes so far, many have also directed praise at how organized it looks and is not "blown up". Minor nitpicking is aimed at keeping the settings and profile buttons too close to the minimize button, but feedback has been generally positive and constructive so far.

It is important to note that while this is a user concept, it would be interesting to see if Microsoft takes inspiration from it and implement some of these features and UI enhancements at some point in the future, especially given the positive feedback seen so far.