Mobile Device Desktops

beanboy89

Fresh (well as of yesterday) install of CyanogenMod 12.1 on my Nexus 7. Moonshine Icons, Google Now Launcher, Chronus widget.

q3myBma.png

The best part of this thread is the beginning. :D K750i desktops.. oh hello 11 years ago!

Agreed. Going back and looking at the entire thread now. Wish Imageshack still had all of the old images still hosted.

ncc50446

Blackberry OS 10.3.1

My wallpaper changes every night at midnight. Uses images from astronomy picture of the day.

post-44850-0-76627000-1433223568.png

post-44850-0-43903800-1433223613.png

+warwagon

Why are all these screenshots soooooo big.

Reduce the size people!! :D ... I just upload it to flickr and choose a custom size.

18352409910_3dc3c9c3a3_z.jpg

17919532463_313306c043_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
MikeM97

Why are all these screenshots soooooo big.

To show bigger screens. :laugh:

• Like 1
+Frank B.

Galaxy S6 with Material Theme.

post-1302-0-52351500-1435509040.png

adrynalyne

Galaxy S6 with Material Theme.

attachicon.gifKzVgQfP.png

Did that ever return for download? It got yanked shortly after release.

• 2 weeks later...
beanboy89

My Moto E 2014. Nice little device for $45.

0dvDp8i.png

• Like 1
simonlang
2015_07_08_21_10_43.png
TPreston

vfP826f.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
agoNITE

Nexus5withLGGWatch_thumb.png

Nexus 5 homescreen
Android 5.1.1 stock + root
Icon pack: KMZ - The Material Icon Pack
Wallpaper: Muzei Live Wallpaper met Android Marshmallow preview 3
Time/weather widget: Chronus: Home & Lock Widget

LG G Watch homescreen
Watchface: FORM Watch Face
Wallpaper: Muzei Live Wallpaper

Muzei provides the same wallpaper for my LG G Watch, FORM Watch Face works together with Muzei, it extracts the colors from the wallpaper and aplies them to the time.

• Like 2
DocM

LG G4 (app folders on 2nd page)

2015-08-23-22-15-19.thumb.jpg.8cdbc96f6a

RadishTM

iPhone.thumb.png.b268cdb7813ba4002882b5e

Made the leap from 7.1.2 to 8.4 while the jailbreak was available (and changed that Music icon :p(Y)

raider360

Played with my old SGS3 a little :)

- Apex Launcher with a Lollipop skin

- Grumpy Weather widget

Screenshot_2015-09-02-11-02-33.png

• 3 weeks later...
MotorMouth

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Win 10 Mobile so I thought I'd put this up. It's from a few months ago, before I went back to WP8. I don't particularly like W10  Mobile overall but I reall ylove the way you can customise the hell out of the homescreen.

wp_ss_20150622_0001.png

• Like 1
beanboy89

Not exactly a "desktop," but close enough; here's my Moto 360 watch face.

SYUiMOZ.png

subcld

playing around with BugDroid first attempt 

WL80iGG.jpg

raider360

Galaxy J5 with a Material Dark theme and Nova launcher.

C44x7u2T5rg.jpg

beanboy89

playing around with BugDroid first attempt 

WL80iGG.jpg

What is the icon pack? I've been looking for some nice square icons.

Mando

mines simple, background and theme & font are all from LG World on my 3Gb G3. resolution is 2560x1440

G3.thumb.jpg.e5769efad24647acf23f42335ff

With the facial recognition turned on the lock screen, my face reflects onto Ceasars, pretty cool accidental side effect :D to unlock my handset.

Edited by Mando
  • 2 weeks later...
simonlang

89b66aa8eac93bc8da6522c6724a3ba3.png

+NJ Louch

The ONLY thing I miss about Android is home screen customisation :(

• 4 weeks later...
simonlang

hola launcher 

2015_11_01_12.38.20.thumb.png.4f96f100af

2015_11_01_12.40.57.thumb.png.237deb7bf5

2015_11_01_12.41.08.thumb.png.531d96bf12

+Frank B.

UQ2MOSy.thumb.png.40ee6444fc132e2f6e0fd8

• zhangm unpinned this topic
  • zhangm locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      iPhone 12 Pro models and new iPad Air reportedly seeing higher than expected demand
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Apple unveiled a host of products through multiple virtual events this fall. The first event in September saw the introduction of new iPad models. The October event was reserved for the new iPhones, while the November event was solely focused on unveiling the ARM-based M1 chip and new Mac devices powered by Apple’s own SoC.

While the new iPhone devices launched later than their yearly schedule, the devices – especially the iPhone 12 Pro series – are reportedly seeing higher than expected demand, according to renowned analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The report, accessed by MyFixGuide, goes over expectations about the demand for various Apple products through the last quarter of this year and the first quarter of 2021.

The analyst suggests that the demand for the iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max models are higher than expected, offsetting the lower than expected demand for the iPhone 12 and 12 mini, which led to an overall increase in shipments. Demand for the new iPad Air, Watch Series 6, and Watch SE too are strong, with shipments expected to increase further next year. New technologies like mini-LED displays, 5G support, and more are said to benefit the iPad line next year, whereas improvements in the design and “innovative health management functions” might be on the cards for the firm’s smartwatch offering.

The new M1 powered MacBook models are also reportedly seeing higher demand that initially expected. Additionally, the analyst also reiterates previously reported information about redesigned MacBook Pro laptops expected sometime in the second half of 2021, which will help improve shipment figures further.

Lastly, Kuo predicts that AirPods shipments could flat-line or even decline up to ten percent in the first half of 2021, following lower than expected demand. The possible reasons for the decline include manufacturing hurdles, thanks to the increased focus on producing shared components for the iPhone and the lack of a successor this year. The firm is expected to launch the third generation AirPods sometime in the first half of 2021.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Here's how to set up animated desktop wallpapers on Windows 10
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Windows offers three choices to users when setting up desktop wallpapers. The wallpaper can be changed from the Background settings, which lets users choose between a picture, a color, or a slideshow containing photos that change at preset intervals. Users that are tired of these options can now set up animated desktop wallpapers, thanks to Lively Wallpaper, a free and open-source software.

Using Lively Wallpaper, users can make desktop wallpapers out of videos, GIFs, emulators, web addresses, and more. The installation process is pretty straightforward. Once the setup file is downloaded, one simply needs to run it. While installing, it's possible that the software is flagged as a virus, but GitHub user rocksdanister, the developer of Lively Wallpaper, noted that this is a false positive, and encouraged users to inspect the code of the open-source software.

When installed, Lively Wallpaper can be accessed from the icon tray at the right-bottom of the screen. It features a total of 12 wallpapers that come preloaded, and there is also an option to add more. Doing so simply requires dragging and dropping files or webpages that users would like to set as the desktop wallpaper. Additionally, users can also set up video streams as wallpapers by following the same steps. Video quality can be adjusted to one's preference.

When I ran Lively Wallpaper on my PC, I set up Eternal Light, which is a render of a beautiful sunset, as the background. On average, it utilized around 25 percent of the GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER) and had a negligible impact on the CPU. Upon switching to any full-screen application, the wallpaper playback is paused, which means I don't have to worry while playing GPU-intensive games like Red Dead Redemption 2. There are additional settings that let users set wallpaper playback rules based on running foreground applications.

Lively Wallpaper also comes with multiple monitor support, which means users can span a wallpaper across all screens, duplicate the same wallpaper across all screens, or set up different wallpapers for each screen.

The developer admits that Lively is still in development, so it is possible that users may encounter bugs. He encourages users to create a GitHub issue along with a log file.

To get Lively Wallpaper, head over to its GitHub repository, and download the latest version (v1.1.4.0) of the software. The software requires you to have Windows 10 version 1903 or above, so if you haven't updated Windows in a while, now would be a good time to do so.

• By Usama Jawad96
      You may soon be able to get new emojis on Android without waiting for system updates
      by Usama Jawad

Love it or hate it: a lot of people use emojis to convey a variety of emotions as it allows them to do so in a lesser amount of time with fewer taps of the keyboard. Typically, support for new emojis on Android and iOS devices comes with system updates such as Android 11 and iOS 14.2. Now, a new report claims that Google may be looking to decouple this dependency on Android system updates.

As spotted by the folks over at XDA, Google has made several commits to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) Gerrit to achieve this purpose. Currently, all fonts and emojis are stored in a read-only system partition so updating them requires either rooting your phone and having a go at modifying system files yourself or waiting for a system update.

The new commits on the Gerrit indicate that Google will allow the "system_server" process read-write access to the system directory, which essentially means that the company will be able to roll out support for new emojis faster than before.

It is important to note that these commits have not been merged as of yet, so there's no assurance that this change will even happen. However, if they do get merged, we should probably see this change happening with Android 12 which is supposed to bring in at least 217 new emojis with Emoji 13.1 in 2021.

Source: Google (1, 2) via XDA

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Motorola unveils the Moto E7 budget phone in Europe for €119.99
      by Jay Bonggolto

Image via PhoneArena Motorola today announced a new budget phone in Europe that costs only €119.99 (~$143). The Moto E7 will also be available in select countries in Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia in the next few weeks.

As a budget-friendly handset, the phone comes with modest specs that don't compromise its performance. Inside, it's rocking an octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 chipset with a clock speed of 2.0 GHz. The processor is coupled with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that's expandable up to 512GB via a microSD card.

The phone sports a 6.5-inch Max Vision display with a resolution of 1600 x 720 and a waterdrop notch that houses a 5MP selfie camera (noted by PhoneArena). Additionally, its display has a 20:9 aspect ratio that Motorola says provides "the best viewing experience" for watching movies together with friends and family.

At its back, the Moto E7 features a dual camera setup comprising a 48MP main sensor and a 2MP macro camera. Its camera can also record videos in both HD and FullHD resolution at 30fps.

The phone packs a 4000mAh battery that can keep it running for up to "36 hours" on a single charge for various tasks, Motorola says. Speaking of gaming, the handset features HyperEngine technology for smooth and improved gaming performance.

The device runs stock Android 10 and it also includes a dedicated Google Assistant button mounted on the side.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Poco M3 debuts with 6,000mAh battery, a Snapdragon 662 SoC, and more from $129
      by Jay Bonggolto

The Pocophone F1 undercut its rivals when it debuted in 2018 with top-of-the-line specs such as a Snapdragon 845 chipset and 8GB of RAM for $300. Today, Poco is out with another mid-ranger that could give its rivals a run for their money.

Poco announced today the Poco M3, its latest smartphone that retails from $129. Under the hood, it's powered by Qualcomm's 11nm-based octa-core Snapdragon 662 SoC with a clock speed of up to 2.0 GHz. The chipset is paired with 4GB of RAM and either 64GB of 128GB of internal storage that's expandable to up to 512GB with a microSD card. It also features Adreno 610 for graphics.

Perhaps the phone's main selling factor is its 6,000mAh battery with support for 18W charging. In addition, it comes with a 22.5W charger in the box. Poco claims the battery can last up to 40 hours for calling or up to eight days for basic tasks like listening to music, although these can vary depending on real-world settings. Still, these specs offer a better value than the likes of the Nord N100, which features a 5,000mAh battery, a Snapdragon 460 SoC, and up to 64GB of storage for £179.

The Poco M3 sports a 6.53-inch display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 and a Dot Drop notch that houses an 8MP selfie camera. Its screen is protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass 3 and has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio.

Optics-wise, the phone rocks a triple AI camera setup at the back featuring a 48MP main shooter, 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. Other features of the device include a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, and 3.5mm headphone jack. It runs Android 10 with MIUI 12 on top.

The Poco M3 will come in Poco Yellow, Cool Blue, and Power Black. The 4GB/64GB memory configuration will be available to purchase for $129 and the 4GB/128GB for $149 beginning on November 27 as part of Poco's Black Friday promotion.