LCD vs. DLP

LCD Projo:

1. No rainbow effect

2. No issues with video games and control delays

3. Less moving parts so less can break

DLP:

1. Generally, a brighter picture

2. No screen door effect

I'm a little out of it right now to remember everything, but those are key points to consider.

Well DLP is cheaper and is considered to last longer, because of the fact, that if the bulb dies, is easy to replace it, just by a new one and replace it, but LCDs are supposed to be a sharper crispier image, and they last around 60-70k hours, i think. If you got the money for an LCD go for it, but if your prefer a big screen for cheaper, then go for the DLPs..

Well DLP is cheaper and is considered to last longer, because of the fact, that if the bulb dies, is easy to replace it, just by a new one and replace it, but LCDs are supposed to be a sharper crispier image, and they last around 60-70k hours, i think.  If you got the money for an LCD go for it, but if your prefer a big screen for cheaper, then go for the DLPs..

586600754[/snapback]

He's talking about LCD Projection, not Flat Panel LCD, as far as I can tell.

LCD Projo:

1. No rainbow effect

2. No issues with video games and control delays

3. Less moving parts so less can break

DLP:

1. Generally, a brighter picture

2. No screen door effect

I'm a little out of it right now to remember everything, but those are key points to consider.

586600743[/snapback]

Really DLPs have a brighter image? i would've thought LCDs have a brighter image, oh well shows how much i know.... :p

Really DLPs have a brighter image?  i would've thought LCDs have a brighter image, oh well shows how much i know....  :p

586600761[/snapback]

The bulb has to be dimmed a bit as to protect the LCD panels from heat damage.

The bulb has to be dimmed a bit as to protect the LCD panels from heat damage.

586600767[/snapback]

Oh ok, didnt know that little tid bit, thanks for informing me, and i thought he was talking about a flat panel LCD instead of a Projector LCD....

Then I made the wrong choice. :(

586600800[/snapback]

Well what did you choose? Many people are baised towards one technology while I feel there are good units from both camps. You may not have made such a bad choice.

That TV is fine. It's cheaper and brighter then most LCD TV's you would of found.

I personally find DLP to be superior when compared to LCD, but if you read comparison articles around the web you'll find that there is no "better" answer as it's all a matter of opinion

Noone can directly tell you LCD>DLP or DLP>LCD

Your choice is fine, not point in worrying

Also every tv will look different..even if you compare 2 CRT's side by side the picture won't be exactly the same.

If your happy with the tv there is no point in thinking you could of done better, etc

That's actually a pretty nice set man. We have the xxHM95's at work and had th xxHM84's last year. The sets can actually out perform the Samsungs with certain images. I think you'll be happy.

The BB website says its HD2+, but I'm pretty sure that set is actually HD4.

edit: Before I forget, try not to use the buttons on the front panel too often. They tend to break easily. Just stick with the remote. Aklso, make sure to always power it down properly and don't just unplug it or turn off a powerstrip. The sets go through a cooling down process when turned off. If that process isn't allowed to trigger, you'll lose lifespan on the unit.

Sorry to bring back to life this old topic, I asked already but I am having more and more trouble deciding which set to get...

Of these two which would you reccomend for next gen gaming and toob watching, assuming I am ~8ft away?

Jake-

Samsung 42" DLP

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/pr...XAA&selTab=Size

Samsung 32" LCD

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/pr...XAA&selTab=Size

Let me know. Thanks!

Jake-