Quite a weird problem...

Ok here it goes. Just today, I added a laptop to my home network. I set it up and everything is fine. Both of the computers on the network can access the internet. But here is the problem, something on one (or both) of the computers is lagging my interent connection. Almost all programs are closed (file-sharing, extras, etc.) and still I am lagging. Webpages are loading very slow, download speeds are suffering, and my ping on game servers blows. Any ideas?

questions........are you on a switch or a hub? if you unplug one of the computers, does the internet connection fix itself? what OS(es) are u using?

If you are using a cable modem... and sharing internet connections, I would suggest parting with the hub and get a 4 port router. You will get much better performance, an it will hand out ip addresses correctly for you. Possibly check to make sure all your pc's are in the same workgroup, and that it requires it to get its own ip addresses.

Also make sure that one of your pc's connected to the hub are not on the "uplink" port, which may be turned on to uplink.

:p