City of Tokyo's Marketing Slogan/Motto

hey guys, im just wondering if anyone out there knows what Tokyo's slogan is. do they have one? if they do, who knows it? thanx guys.

Edited by fred666

I meant their official slogan, like in Toronto where I live, our slogan is "the world within a city" I was wondering if anyone knew if Tokyo has one like that.

Wow, talk about some negative smartass replies. I'm pretty sure he's not even getting near anything related to Tokyo being it's "own country" or the national anthem. As he said with Toronto or such as Reno Nevada with "The biggest little city in the world" ... San Francisco "City by the bay" ... New York City "The Big Apple" ... New Orleans "The Big Easy" ... Los Angeles "The City Of Angels" ... and so on.

hey guys, im just wondering if anyone out there knows what Tokyo's national slogan is. do they have one? if they do, who knows it? thanx guys.

586611988[/snapback]

Land of the rising sun... ?

Actually, Japan is both a nation and a country, so the original poster's phrasing was fine. The problem lies in the ignorant posts that came after and served to add nothing to the purpose of the thread.

Now, I do not believe that Tokyo (actually a metropolis) has a motto in the same regard as many Western cities do; though, several of the wards and cities within have mottos.

I knew what the original post meant straight away too. I'm no sure what Tokyo's slogan is, but Glasgow's is "The Friendly City" (despite it's high murder rate) :yes: