Connecting USB DVD player to PC

Hey

I was thinking of getting one of those DVD players with a USB input on it. I have found one that has one and plays Xvid and Divx etc from and says it can play them from portable usb storage devices, so would it work if I got a male to male USB cord, plugged one end into my DVD player and the other end into the PC and then played the videos on my PC, through the DVD player onto my TV?

If not, I think I could just get one of thise Icyox external HD boxes and do it that way, but if the way above works then it saves me havingto buy an Icybox.

Edited by Brodel

I don't believe it would since plugging it into your PC is not a direct interface to the drive.

586626583[/snapback]

ah ok, how would it be different to plugging it into an iRiver H320 or something similar, or are they a direct interface?

Would the idea of putting the HD into an Icybox type devide work in that case? I have a spare 120GB HD laying around which would be awesome to just rip all my DVD's to and use as a library.

• 3 weeks later...

well it arrived today, works perfectly with my USB stick and the picture is better than on my PC. Only problem is my USB stick is 256mb so I'm gonna get an icybox and stick a hard drive in it. :D