Xbox 360 disappoints

Does it?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Does it?

• It does dissapoint
    • It will do better than the original

I look at the graphics of 360 and think "hey, thats not much better than the 180, couldn't the 180 do that?"

For me, it doesn't seem like the same kidns of leaps that were made in the past:

NES/SMS->Genesis/SNES

SNES -> PSX/Dreamcast

PSX -> PS2/Xbox

The next gen looks slightly better with a higher res and more detailed textures, but thats about all I notice. I dont know if it was the right time for another generation of systems. I think the PS2/XBox still have a lot of life in them.

People making judgements based on early demo versions and screenshots should hold off on their judgement until they have actually played the games.... no-one will truly know the potential of the 360 until that happens. I wish people wouldn't post biased articles just because they are fan-boys of Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo with no hard evidence to back it up.

Personally i hate all microsoft.. but to be honest.. i think the xbox360 will do really well. =)

(waiting for the ps3 myself cos i love my ps2 hehe)

Please change your signature as it is in violation of the forum rules.

"Your signature may not advertise a competing site or alternative to Neowin, or advertise a commercial venture. Neowin has its own advertising, this is the only acceptable (commercial) advertising on Neowin. This has been an issue lately. Staff are aware of it and will take action against any offending signatures we may see."

586628102[/snapback]

.. It's a Windows Vista logo?

You're advertising IE and Firefox ..

I think the PS3 has more developer issues to worry about than the Xbox.

But the Revolution on the other hand .. developers seem to like it. :whistle:

xbox 360 is gonna have the biggest launch title releases for a single game console, to DATE. you can quote me on this as well.. xbox 360 is gonna SELL OUT, and be huge in the first 3 months of it's debut.. and yes, playstation 3 will do the same, just like xbox did, and PS2.

Pre-orders for xbox 360 are already sold out.. PRE-ORDERS.. this is how many systems they are ordering.. but companies are limited to number of systems they can sell.. and if they are already sold out.. stores will be ghost towns after the first few hours.. from everything sold out

this artical is bias anyways.. theres no proof...

i think the upcoming console war is will less about the games we buy in stores.. and as much about the online, connectivity, media playback/download, and all the other stuff that consoles can / should do these days. yeah, consoles are about games, there's going to be far less between the 3 consoles than a lot of people actually think. with little to tell between actual games graphically when they come out it will be down to other features of the consoles to take over.

how cheap is it (how confusing /expensive are the options)

are the games i want to play available for it (halo / mgs, for example)

how cool is the online functionality (buddy matching, friend lists, online voice/video chat)

does it come with any nice addons (eye toy / wand type controllers)

can it play media files (from dvd/cd/audio jukeboxes/dv cameras/pc's/etc)

what downloadable content can i get with it (game addons, games, films, trailers, patches)

it's not just about games any more

has anyone seen PGR3 in game gameplay vidoes and screenshots or umm Gears of War umm if i recall Epic games siad that the UE3 engine they showed off awsome quality renders of in game quality at E3 04 technolagy demo and siad that what we see ther can be done by default no Joke it can be done at that quality or better. ther is alot of Xbox360 launch titles that will look good and the Makers of PGR3 are titerd of haveing 1st Gen game s toa anew system look crappy and ther about makeing the 1st gen use every peiac of the console is possable . same with alot of otehr games . i just wish youe peaple who are bias agianst it or hate it would quite thinking that what they saw at E3 05 was the only quality the machien could Do and that the Alpha Kits are the only thing the machien are now damn why not do some updated resaerch on stuff because some not all X360 launch games will look so awsome and use the full quality Xbox360 can use

I guess as the launch date nears, there will be increase in all such articles (pro and against)

"Your signature may not advertise a competing site or alternative to Neowin, or advertise a commercial venture. Neowin has its own advertising, this is the only acceptable (commercial) advertising on Neowin. This has been an issue lately. Staff are aware of it and will take action against any offending signatures we may see."

586628102[/snapback]

Since when did Neowin started making an OS ? :huh: is there something called as NeoOS or Neosoft (related to Neowin) lemme know :rolleyes:

Since when did Neowin started making an OS ?  :huh: is there something called as NeoOS or Neosoft (related to Neowin) lemme know  :rolleyes:

586628852[/snapback]

Yeaaah and since when was he/she a mod? :unsure:

Pre-orders for xbox 360 are already sold out.. PRE-ORDERS.. this is how many systems they are ordering.. but companies are limited to number of systems they can sell.. and if they are already sold out.. stores will be ghost towns after the first few hours.. from everything sold out

The local video game supplier around here refuses to pre-order until they have a guaranteed stock number. They don't want to disappoint anyone so they have chosen to do it around the middle of this month. Tells me everyone is expecting some kind of wonder. I just hope both the developers and Microsoft can live up to the screenshots I've seen online. If people are expecting a nice clean non-HD version they are gonna be wrong. I have a 27" Trinatron Sony Flat Screen, I don't think it does HD, it has a component input so I'm personally not expecting much. I plan on buying a HD to take care of this though, any rcecomendations?

586628102[/snapback]

A yeah post something useful tard, thats why they have moderators. I think there are plenty of games that are gonna be great in xbox 360, whats the guy in the article trying to say. The game I'm waiting for is Perfect Dark Zero. :)

From everything  have read, developers are lovng the X360 cos it's easier to code for.  Is the author even remotely informed?

586626520[/snapback]

easier to code for?

that depends from which perspective

easier to code for then PS3

harder to code for then xbox, pc

there is only thing that i like about xbox 360, thanks to xbox 360 we should se more PC games coded for multi-processor use.

other then that xbox 360 is nothing more then another console, which will be outdated at the launch or 1-3 months after.

easier to code for?

that depends from which perspective

easier to code for then PS3

harder to code for then xbox, pc

there is only thing that i like about xbox 360, thanks to xbox 360 we should se more PC games coded for multi-processor use.

other then that xbox 360 is nothing more then another console, which will be outdated at the launch or 1-3 months after.

586631640[/snapback]

Dude you know nothing about programming do you?

You should read about the XNA platform. Everyone always hated to program for Sony and because Microsoft gave much more support.

Yes it is disappointing. 

I played it for two weeks before finally deciding that I didn't like it.

Halo 3 was the worst game I ever played.

586631652[/snapback]

Yeah, and did you see Splinter Cell 5? All the reviews said it's good, but it's just the same as SC4...

IMO, it will do just fine. It appears that the Xbax360 and the PlaystationGrille are very much similar i think they will attact nearly the same amount of customers in the U.S. At least one of them will do well, both won't suck, and I have heard a lot of people downing the ps3 too. This next time around its going to be "Ok I'm getting two systems, revolution and either xbox360 or ps3." So from my point of view Xbox360 and PS3 can't both suck.