"CELL offer twice the processing power of X360"

Wait wait, some of you actually think the PS3 wont be more powerful than the X360?? LOL. ok, go back to your Coke comparisons.

586632041[/snapback]

You honestly think that it will be?

I mean, like you really truly believe that?

Man are you in for a disappointment.

LOL! MGS4 looks better than anything else shown for either Xbox 360 or PC and it's only running on alpha kits.

Yeah, MGS4 looks great on the "alpha kits" - just like the Final Fantasy 7 ballroom demo looked great on the PS2 "alpha kits".

If only Sony's actual systems ever turned out as good as the mystical "alpha kits" would make you believe.

Hell even some PS2 games look better than most current PC games.

Name one. Please. Then share whatever it is you're smoking.

Name one.  Please.  Then share whatever it is you're smoking.

586635950[/snapback]

amen! and yes pass over whatever you are smoking too :p

Name one.  Please.  Then share whatever it is you're smoking.

586635950[/snapback]

There is really not much to say I am wrong just as there isn't much to say you are right.

And Coca-Cola CEO says Coca-Cola taste twice as good as Pepsi. :rolleyes:

586627693[/snapback]

yeah but thats true ;)

but its all speculation, i doubt sony have an xbox 360 to judge and compare

alright it may be faster, but surely it cant be that much more powerful

Yeah, MGS4 looks great on the "alpha kits" - just like the Final Fantasy 7 ballroom demo looked great on the PS2 "alpha kits".

If only Sony's actual systems ever turned out as good as the mystical "alpha kits" would make you believe.

586635950[/snapback]

- It was Final Fantasy 8, not 7.

- It was running on final hardware.

- 1st generation PS2 games topped that demo.

http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/news/video/...emos/psx2_4.mpg

Ha! Greatest. Thread. Ever.

Okay, so I've been out of the console game since not long after the Dreamcast came out, but this was a good (and very funny) console war thread. fuzei and jmole gained a few cool points from me (like that means something). You guys got slammed in a few threads for being objective (now that I see the light), but after seeing this thread you guys are okay with me.

I rarely laugh when reading forums, but you got me with the Coca-cola comparison, fuzei. :D

Right now I guess I'm a quasi-default Xbox fanboy, but I'm probably more anti-Sony since I was a Sega fanboy the last time I was really into console gaming. I was only considering getting into the next-gen of console gaming, but this thread has put me into full swing for the coming generation of consoles.

Yes, the PS3 will be more powerful, and I wouldn't doubt the graphics will be better. There's no telling how it'll end up when both systems are out and developers are more aquainted with the systems. But as much as I want to say that graphics don't matter, that's how the next-gen systems have been measured since the Sega Genesis first came out. We'll just have to hope that the developers keep getting fresh ideas and utilize their new abilities to create the best experience they can come up with. It's just too hard to describe a new way of playing games on paper and is even harder to get casual gamers to sit and read about it before going out and buying the games that incorporate these new ideas.

i'm more interested in how much more powerful the GPU is, rather than the CPU... theres a limit to how nice you can have the physics engine working, but the graphics can always look nicer...

586627954[/snapback]

I'd be more interested in how many better games it gets

I would love to buy a PS3 this fall. But i won't because the damn release date sometime early 2007 for europe? Sony is so damn stupid. I would love to use my PSP with a PS3 but not in 2007 when my psp is in the thrash can.

Microsoft will release the Xbox 360 world wide almost at the same time if i got that right, so i guess i will go for Xbox 360 instead, even if PS3 is my prefered console.

(Gameplay + Graphics) > Gameplay > Graphics

Coke > (Dr. pepper + Pepsi) :blush:

xbox360 needs more games that i'd like for it..RPGs and such which i can't already get on PC. the ps3... well, lets just hope that both these systems arn't coming out just for the sake of better graphics. Nintendo is at least trying to make games feel new and original which is why i traditionally go for them first.