[MLB] Griffey and Giambi named comeback players

I'm glad Griffey finally managed to stay generally healthy for the majority of the season. One can only wonder what kind of numbers he'd have right now if he had stayed healthy. Maybe we'd be talking about someone else chasing Aaron :yes:

I'm glad Griffey finally managed to stay generally healthy for the majority of the season. One can only wonder what kind of numbers he'd have right now if he had stayed healthy. Maybe we'd be talking about someone else chasing Aaron :yes:

586634177[/snapback]

It's really a shame that he was so fragile, but I guess you could chalk it up to karma. He isn't exactly the most modest person in the world.

I'm proud of Jason. He had the balls to face his mistakes and suffered for it. The story of how he hurt his arms from too much batting practice is a perfect example of how he earned what he got this year.

Moral of the story - take 'roids, let yourself fall apart physically, and then actually earn your pay and get named player of the year.

Not player of the year, comeback player of the year lol... There's quite a difference :p

I'm happy for both of them!

Not player of the year, comeback player of the year lol... There's quite a difference :p

586638806[/snapback]

I was listening to Steven A. Smith on 1050 ESPNradio NY at work this morning. Normally, I tend to disagree with him but he's a huge Yankee fan and even he said he has a problem with Giambi winning the award. He pointed out that generally the comeback player comes back from adversity that he didn't inflict on himself (by trashing his body with steroids). Just something to think about ;).

I was listening to Steven A. Smith on 1050 ESPNradio NY at work this morning. Normally, I tend to disagree with him but he's a huge Yankee fan and even he said he has a problem with Giambi winning the award. He pointed out that generally the comeback player comes back from adversity that he didn't inflict on himself (by trashing his body with steroids). Just something to think about ;).

586640008[/snapback]

So being sick for almost a year with those intestinal parasites and a Tumor were caused by the steroids?

So being sick for almost a year with those intestinal parasites and a Tumor were caused by the steroids?

586642283[/snapback]

Steroids can screw with a lot of stuff. The parasite, I suppose not but the tumor I think could have been a possibility.

586638806[/snapback]

Yeah, I mistyped that. :ninja: