Brees or Brady this week?

The big question for one of my fantasy teams is who do i start for QB this week?

Brees or Brady?

Brees is up against the Steelers this week, and Brady is up against Atlanta.

Also, SD killed NE last week.

On my team I also have McCardell (SD WR) and Dillon (NE RB).

Who would you pick?

Edit: I forgot to mention the team I am playing has the Atlanta defense.

Edited by StevoFC

BRady is a great QB in regular football, but not so much for fantasy. He seldom puts up big numbers, NE jsut simply wins but doesn't really blow anyone out. Also, the ATL defense is very good and the front four are some of the best in the league right now.

As a pit fan and a San diego native I know both teams realy well. This week i wouldnt take Brees. Even with the game here in San diego (wich im going to whoopie!). The Steelers D is just too tough and will probly beat up on the chargers pretty bad. Steelers pass rush is mean mean mean. I expect to see alot of runs from LT.

BRady is a great QB in regular football, but not so much for fantasy.  He seldom puts up big numbers, NE jsut simply wins but doesn't really blow anyone out.  Also, the ATL defense is very good and the front four are some of the best in the league right now.

586637007[/snapback]

Right,...The reason I would go with Brees is because Atlanta's Defense is going to give Brady fits.

As much as I hate to say it i grabbed Eli up a few days before the game this past weekend and he blew up. The only reason I don't know who to play is because Eli has a bye week. He has much better fantasy stats than both Brees and Brady this year.

I will most likely go with Brees, but what is making the decision so tough is the fact NE got killed last week. Their offense will most likely come out pretty hard, as will the Steeler defense. After a loss then a bye week I just don't see the Steelers letting up much in terms of scoring or even yardage.

i think it's a toss up. neither guy is a huge fantasy scorer. brees will hand off to LT a lot. i think when the day is over, their numbers will be similar. but in this case, i would go with the hot hand, and that is brees. and i stood in line next to brees in college once too :)

I am such a nerd. I had a dream that I saw the stats for the two QB's on sportscenter last night, and I am posting it here to see if I should pay attention to my dreams in the future.

Brees...330 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

Brady...100 yards 1 TD, 4 INT

While I sleep I still watch sportscenter. :laugh:

If this works, I should really see if I can find Nicolette Sheridan. *cough* um..nevermind that..*cough*

funny thing is had this same problem and went with brady because i figured he was in a bit of a foul mood after last weeks lost. he just threw an int but he does have 3 td's and 300 yards so i can live with that.

Well, I started Greise over Hasselbeck because the Seahawks are without their top 2 receivers.

Needless to say, Hasselbeck is lighting up St. Louis right now while Greise can't even get 100 vs. the Jets. :(

i went with Brady...350yds 3td's 1int. I think i made the right choice. Brees has very little chance of doing that well against the Steelers.

yeah, brady definitely bounced back in a big way.  it's hard to ever really go against brady, he's just so consistent.

586648146[/snapback]

True, but like Armeck said, Brady usually doesn't put up those kind of huge numbers. He'll win you the game but usually not light it up like he did today. I'm not complaining though. He's on one of my Neowin teams :yes:.

• 2 weeks later...
BRady is a great QB in regular football, but not so much for fantasy.  He seldom puts up big numbers, NE jsut simply wins but doesn't really blow anyone out.  Also, the ATL defense is very good and the front four are some of the best in the league right now.

586637007[/snapback]

OMG! im a little late but how could you say that. Brady is a solid 40pts a week. He is the reason that i was the highest scoring person with no wins (LOL) untill this past week. you guys might want to stop thinking about what he might do and jsut watch him do what he does. HATERS Ewwwwwww.

BRADY for president.

He will go down as one of the best. :yes: i dare say it ONE OF THE BEST.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, but Brady does tend to work much like Troy Aikman...no mistakes, but nothing too flashy. Sure, he'll have a great game every now and then, but Brady isn't a real fantasy QB.