ASP Project cant run or be debugged

Question

Windows 2000PRO

I do have IIS enabled, first of all. I was able to get this code to run on another computer, but when I attempt to run it on my own computer I keep getting this error message:

Error1.png

If I attempt to just load the page in IE, I get a page that claims my web.config file is misconfigured.

Error2.png

I have tried looking it up but I cant find any information on how to fix this, does anyone here know what is wrong? And how to fix it?

2 answers to this question

You might try some of the suggestions in these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q318465

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ervererrors.asp

Also you might try opening IIS, Right Click on the folder where your project is, click properties, and where is says "Application Name" click create (if it says "Remove" then it's already set). I know I had a similar problem and it turns out I just copied the folder from a different computer and forgot to actually create the application in IIS.

Hope this helps

Ok, I figured it out. Since I had copied the files over from another PC, apparnetly I had to configure my internet services to enable those projects. Anyway, I have two problems now.

1. Any local system is able to access the webpage, but no system outside my network seems to be able to load the pages. And if I attempt to connect locally using my external IP instead of my internal one I just get a 404 error. I am trying to make a webpage specifically made for mobile devices (PDAs, Cellphone,s etc) but can still be accessed with desktops and laptops. I want to test how it loads on my cellphone, but I cant if no outside system can connect.

2. One of the pages uses a Microsoft Access database. On the pc this was originally programmed on it loaded fine, but I am unable to get the database file to load in the ASP application or in Microosft Access itself. Any idea why? Could it be version differences? (I have office 2000, dunno what the other Pc had).