How demanding on Graphics Card is WoW?

I have A64 3200+ @ 2.5 GHz

6800GT @ Ultra

1Gig Ram

Thing is my game can get incredibly choppy like 20+ FPS in some places (Not Ironforge I can understand that one) but like in Brill!!! At most like 10 guys running around and FPS drops to 20+

As soon as I turn my head in other direction they jump to 60+

I game at 1280x1024 4xAA+8AF and with Quality setting (all max in game Video Options)

So I wonder what drivers and what settings are people here using with 6800 line of cards...

Also is there a review where they use WoW when testing cards? So if this GT isn't cutting it I know what will be my next card :p

Thank you for your time!

My friend play WoW with a Pentium 3 600MHz, 392MB and a GeForce4 440MX 64MB on a 2x AGP...

(Ok all is on minimum)

I don't think you should lag... =\

Maybe set down the AA and AF?

Neither do I :/ Problem is that I just noticed this kind of choppiness few days ago... So either I didn't notice it before or it wasn't there. Only thing that changed are latest betas 81.84 and a few UI mods...

Bad thing is that servers are down so I can't try a thing now :)

I have a 6800 in my laptop and i run WoW on all max settings which highest possible AA anf AF settings, at resoltuion 1440x900 or something like that, not to sure not used to widescreen resolutions.

I dont see the problem?

Wow runs on all max settings possible with AA and AF as high as they can go at widescreen resolution of 1440x900.

The drivers i use are 7x.xx not sure which ones exactly.

I'd remove all addons and check again (if you use any that is). Those can be a huge fps hog.

If you don't have any you should run fine though, even with around 40-60 it should run fine if you alocate 64mb to addons.

I'm on AMD Mobile Barton 2500+ running @ 2.2ghz, 1gb of ram and a GF6800LE (unlocked into a GT) and on 1280x1024 with everything on max I've got 50+ fps most of the time.

It only goes down in Orgrimmar and in AV.

I have A64 3200+ @ 2.5 GHz

6800GT @ Ultra

1Gig Ram

Thing is my game can get incredibly choppy like 20+ FPS in some places (Not Ironforge I can understand that one) but like in Brill!!! At most like 10 guys running around and FPS drops to 20+

As soon as I turn my head in other direction they jump to 60+

I game at 1280x1024 4xAA+8AF and with Quality setting (all max in game Video Options)

So I wonder what drivers and what settings are people here using with 6800 line of cards...

Also is there a review where they use WoW when testing cards? So if this GT isn't cutting it I know what will be my next card :p

Thank you for your time!

586660337[/snapback]

Turn off AA and AF, you won't need them if you're running the game at your monitors native resolution and set all sliders in the NVIDIA control panel to default/application controlled. Finally, install all Windows updates, the latest graphics drivers, the latest game patch and defrag. Should sort out your problem(s).

I have an x800 Xl (you said nvidia only, but the X800Xl is supposed to be comparable to the 6600GT, one step below your card.) I run the game on 1152x864, with everything as high as it can go, and I have no stutter what so over. I have a 3200+ amd64/ 2GBRAM

Just so you can compare.....