England beat Poland 2-1

We played well and we won. Means we win our group which is nice.

The Republic of Ireland's World Cup campaign ended when they were held 0-0 at home by Switzerland to finish fourth in their qualifying group.

Oh dear?

we played better against poland than austria and without gerrard and beckham. rooney played well though - still i dont think we can win world cup

Past few games i've been shouting at my TV out of the sheer frustration of England playing style but this was MUCH more like what I wanted to see. Great stuff and a well deserved win!

Next up.. the friendly against the Argies in November.. should be a little bit, er, heated ;)

I dnt think crouch shld play again tho...i mean the moment he came on...yeh we scored but all we re looking to hit his head and i dnt think thats the way to play. Keep the ball on the surface and play to feet. hoping Defoe was gonna come on.... my man of match goes to..... drumrolll

KING (im not biased lol im not a spurs fan lol)

lampard goal was quality, btw i think bent should play instead of crouch as a sub striker. I'm telling you now that lanky guy is over rated and doesn't deserve as much chances he is gettings. He hasn't scored one goal so far this season.

lampard goal was quality, btw i think bent should play instead of crouch as a sub striker. I'm telling you now that lanky guy is over rated and doesn't deserve as much chances he is gettings. He hasn't scored one goal so far this season.

586663281[/snapback]

I agree with ur post but Defoe shld be brought on!

I thought it was a good game. Rooney had a couple of good chances and made some really nice runs at the defence. All in all it was a much better performance by england i thought.

I think rooney should be made captain as he is such a good player and is helping everyone all the time to tell them where to pass to so he can get it and it work pretty dam good.

I think we looked so much better, Normally i don't like when teams try to play a fast game and not control the ball but we controled the ball so well.

I liked it when we played it wide to SWP but tought it was unfair to play over the top balls as there was someone marking him and he's not the tallest player.

Overall pretty dam happy with that game. With more profromances like that then yes we could probley go really far in the world cup

I think rooney should be made captain as he is such a good player and is helping everyone all the time to tell them where to pass to so he can get it and it work pretty dam good.

I think we looked so much better, Normally i don't like when teams try to play a fast game and not control the ball but we controled the ball so well.

I liked it when we played it wide to SWP but tought it was unfair to play over the top balls as there was someone marking him and he's not the tallest player.

Rooney shouldn't be captain, at least just yet. He is a quality player when hes focused but hes still only 19/20 and is to inexperienced to be captain.

Overall pretty dam happy with that game. With more profromances like that then yes we could probley go really far in the world cup

586666291[/snapback]

Rooney is a chav. A chav who can play football, but one nonetheless.

BORING! Sorry but I would rather watch paint dry than watch England play football. So they win, big deal, they were playing poor opposition and still the team is useless.