Nomar Saves Drowning Woman....

Good for him. It's nice to see someone in a position like his (much like when arod saved that kid from getting hit by a car, though not as dangerous) go above and beyond the call of being a good person and risking their own lives to save the lives of others.

Nomar rescues two women in Boston Harbor

Story Tools:    Print  Email 

Associated Press

Posted: 2 hours ago   

BOSTON (AP) - Nomar Garciaparra rescued two women who had fallen into Boston Harbor, his uncle and a witness told the Boston Herald.

Garciaparra, the former Red Sox shortstop who played for the Chicago Cubs last season, was in his Charlestown condominium with his uncle Friday night when they heard a scream and a splash, said the uncle, Victor Garciaparra.

As soon as the two-time American League batting champ ran out the door to help the woman, her friend also fell in, hitting her head on the pier, said Victor Garciaparra, who oversees his nephew's business and charitable ventures.

Victor Garciaparra jumped from the balcony to the water 20 feet below.

"I swam towards them and by the time I reached them, Nomar was already there holding the girls up," he told the newspaper. "But he couldn't get them up without help."

One woman had a large lump on her head and appeared to be unconscious, he said. When she came to, the first thing she said was: "Are you Nomar?" Victor Garciaparra said.

The two men pulled the women from the water. Their husbands arrived and whisked them off to the hospital before the Garciaparras even got their names, he said.

Johnny O'Hara of Natick witnessed what happened from his boat.

"A bunch of us came running over and sure enough, pulling the two girls from the water was Nomar," he told the newspaper. "It was crazy. Nomar was like jumping over walls to get to the girls and the other guy leaped off the balcony. It was unbelievable."

Nomar Garciaparra was unavailable for comment, his uncle said.

I was gonna say, must have felt like he had to try and match A-Rod lol. But in all seriousness, definitely a nice story to hear about. Twenty foot jump into the water? Impressive.

I heard this story on PTI. Now if only all sport stars could do these things

586664090[/snapback]

Yeah. I want all my sports heroes to start flying and have X-Ray vision too, plz.

:laugh:

586664090[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure many of them haven't even been in the position to choose to do these things.

(Y) Nomar.

586664090[/snapback]

Quick, throw someone in the Hudson so Chad Pennington can rescue them!

Oh wait, they'd drown because he's a gimp. :D

Quick, throw someone in the Hudson so Chad Pennington can rescue them!

Oh wait, they'd drown because he's a gimp. :D

586664974[/snapback]

i laughed.