anyone get 6c98 to boot?

Has anyone been able to boot off the cd and install 6c98? I drag the .dmg files to toast (which i think is what ive done in the past), and it burns the .dmg file...it doesnt expand it at all.

So i mounted those .dmg files and burned those in toast, but of course it wont boot off the cd.

BTW...anyone running this build, what size are the .dmgs? Ive seen two different sizes

Originally posted by BroChaos

sorry, this is off topic, but how long does it take to install OSX? how painful is it?

Total format and reinstall of OS X takes me between 10 and 15 minutes. Painless

And it's all wrapped up in Aqua goodness, no 256 colour crap, no black and white and blue.

Plus being Apple it has all other ease of use tools like a graphical partition tool if you wish to partition, things like that.

Originally posted by superfula

Has anyone been able to boot off the cd and install 6c98? I drag the .dmg files to toast (which i think is what ive done in the past), and it burns the .dmg file...it doesnt expand it at all.

So i mounted those .dmg files and burned those in toast, but of course it wont boot off the cd.

BTW...anyone running this build, what size are the .dmgs? Ive seen two different sizes

try opening up disk copy and burning the image in that

Originally posted by ToxikK

i have 6c92 and it wont boot... i burned it in toast, is that why?

i sooooooooo want to run it...

See i was pretty sure I burned previous builds with Toast and they booted fine. Maybe not...but I'm trying it with Disk Copy now

You are able to burn the images in Toast but there may be problems. The best way is to open Disk Copy and go to "Burn Image" then select the image.