is this trick possible ?

First off That video looks like a couple of videos edited together.

BEfore the first crossbar the video jumps as if it was spliced together.

also after i think the third one it does it again right before it hits.

Just keep in minjd it looks like a couple of videos spliced together.

First off That video looks like a couple of videos edited together.

BEfore the first crossbar the video jumps as if it was spliced together.

also after i think the third one it does it again right before it hits.

Just keep in minjd it looks like a couple of videos spliced together.

586710220[/snapback]

Looking at it again, I'd have to totally disagree. You look at the background players, playing football. They do not pause, or the ball does not "teleport". Also, Ronaldinho's football is smoothly played.

• 2 weeks later...

im almost 99% certain this footage is fake,i downloaded a divx version and played it and slowed it down so it was being played piece by piece on nero and its pretty clear its a camera trick.its genuine up to the point of ronaldinho hitting the bar for the 1st time and if you look closely at where the ball hits and what angle it comes off at it is exactly the same place on the croossbar for the next 3 shots.its the the same place even when its pretty clear that the ball is heading towards the other side of the crossbar,of course this is only visable when being slowed right down......clever though but no one is that good or that lucky but if there was anyone that could get close, it would be him !

The first and 2nd shots are completely different. They both go off his foot at completely different angles. The first shot has more of a curve/lob (like a basketball throw) while the 2nd shot is almost a straight 45degree angle to the post. Though the first two shots land roughly in the same place, the 3rd kick, similar to the 2nd kick, lands inside the box while the other two land just outside but at different spots.

I think its real

I can do this in hockey. I've hit about 8 shots in a row with the puck from the top of the circle right on the crossbar, but i never had control of the rebounds like he did ;) its surprisingly easy to hit the crossbar once u get into a groove but i know... soccer and hockey are completel different

• 2 weeks later...

It think it's real up to around the point where he kicks the ball towards the bar for the first time, and then it's quite possible that the ball from then on is CGI. Also, watch frame by frame as the ball heads towards the crossbar for the first time and it seems as if the ball suddenly changes angle to a higher pitch.

It's fake guys. I saw the "Making of" of this commercial a few days ago on TV and it's all fake. They joined different parts so that people could think that "Dinho" is able to do that trick.

Remember: He's still a simple human being, not god. :D

Looking at it again, I'd have to totally disagree. You look at the background players, playing football.

Yeah, and the storm troopers in the Clone Wars were fighting behind the jedis swinging their lightsabers. :rofl:

• 1 month later...

It's fake.......his second strike at the net, the ball isn't heading towards the point at the bar where it will bounce back off, then it quickly appears and bounces off that point back to him.

pretty clever though

ronaldhino is the best footballer in the world currently. i definatly sure that was real. i mean the guy probably knows that ground inside out. i wonder how many years he's been practising at that stadium.. just like beckham- when he was at man utd- the amount of practice the guy had, to get the perfect freekicks at old trafford.

the sound was out of sync thought with the vid which makes it sound and look little dodgy- but im sure thats real footy skill :yes:

Edited by Elite_graphix

Sorry to disappoint you guys but it has been confirmed by the Nike (vice-president or whatever) that it is fake.

He said Ronaldinho tried to acomplish the trick by himself but was unable to make the ball return exactly to him that amount of times in a row.

Finally they decided to simply put someone behind the "goal" throwing the balls back in a good path.

But he still a great player nonetheless.

I'm surprised people think it's real, (this forum is filled with skeptics) the first time I saw that I knew it was fake without a doubt. I doubt he could even do that 3 times in a row with 30 tries... Nike said it was fake for one, but seriously, use your head :|

Oh, it's totally possible to hit the crossbar that many times in a row, just not landing right next to you without moving and having the exact same trajectory.