wpa problems?

i've got a mac mini with airport extreme in, but im having problems getting it to connect to my router wirelessly.

I know the WPA code was correct as i copied it from the routers web interface directly (used a wired connection to get access to that)

if i turn the security off on the wlan it will connect but with WPA on the mac refuses to connect

i have it set to wpa-preshare on the router and the mac detects it as a wpa personal network

router is a safecom swbr5400

the mini is running tiger and i've installed all the updates avalable via software update.

Well, I've been running WPA, and then upgraded to WPA2 with no problems on my Powerbook from day 1.

I would suggest going to system preferences > network, and in the airport section, remove all networks listed, then try adding yours from there. Make sure you're using the right kind of WPA. (presumably personal)

If that's what you've already been doing, then I can't help you, sorry.

Well, I've been running WPA, and then upgraded to WPA2 with no problems on my Powerbook from day 1.

I would suggest going to system preferences > network, and in the airport section, remove all networks listed, then try adding yours from there. Make sure you're using the right kind of WPA. (presumably personal)

If that's what you've already been doing, then I can't help you, sorry.

586706954[/snapback]

yep tried that and it didnt work, wep worked but i don't want to change to wep unless i have to, wander if my router isnt using standard tkip for its wpa then :wacko:

if your SSID has any special characters, ie apostrophes, commas, etc, take them out, make it alphanumeric. i used to name mine "colin's router" and it didnt work with WPA on the mac til i just made it "cwwifi"

never did get it working, ended up switching to Wep + mac address fitering... which it works fine with.

my ssid is alphanumeric.

maybe the mac doesnt like numbers in the ssid either, Works fine with Wep but not wpa :(