Michigan at Iowa

man, i have absolutely no fingernails left.

our last 5 games. ALL decided on the final play, 2 of which were in overtime. All decided by 3 points or less.

that is just bananas.

the thing that really concerned me was the incorrect overturn of a correct call on the field. instant replay MUST get it right.

that was the second bad overturn i saw that day (previously in indiana/ohio state, good call on field overturned incorrectly by instant replay).

Instant replay isn't really working out like we thought it would. They are overturning plays with no "indisputable" evidence, only with partial evidence. They need to start getting it right.

First of all, they should only dispute plays that could directly influence the result of the game. I am tired of seeing refs review a Marcus Vick 9-yard run from his own 20 that they mark as a 11-yard run. Use it for game changing plays, not for every single play.

i know. we haven't really discussed IR here much....but this past weekend i was pretty disappointed with it.

overall, i want the correct call made. if it makes the games 10-15 minutes longer, thats fine by me.

however, 2 things really bug me.

1. taking way to long to review calls that were made correctly on the field. the goal of instant replay was not to review every single call, just ones that looked like they were wrong. refs ARE usually correct, we don't need instant replay for all those times.

2. overturning correct calls. i saw it happen twice on one day. and i know its happened more than that. if there was some other thing going on (whistle blew, play isn't reviewable, etc.) then that needs to be explained. if IR is going to be wrong, then i'd rather just go with the refs the whole game, and have the same situations.

yeah. im afraid that in the near future, every major sport will be heavily effected by the use of it.

you see this crap in the mlb, like the bad call in anaheim, and now the stupid call about dude getting hit by the pitch when he clearly didnt.

at least they keep the game correct. :/

man, i have absolutely no fingernails left.

our last 5 games.  ALL decided on the final play, 2 of which were in overtime.  All decided by 3 points or less. 

that is just bananas.

the thing that really concerned me was the incorrect overturn of a correct call on the field.  instant replay MUST get it right. 

that was the second bad overturn i saw that day (previously in indiana/ohio state, good call on field overturned incorrectly by instant replay).

586715172[/snapback]

Yeah its been a tough and exciting season -- hopefully we can beat northwestern this weekend.

I wish I could've watched the game. Too bad the Hawks lost. People still have the Beat the Hawks signs all over campus up still from the Iowa State/Iowa game. It's hard to be a Hawk fan up here in Ames but I do get by.