@msn.com Email Addresses for Free

Define 'for a while'.

They have stopped allowing access to accounts like that that are not pretty damn old - my hotmail accounts are 9 and 7 years (or 8 and 6, something like that) old - yes, the first one I got was way before M$ took over / bought out hotmail - so newer accounts they have simply not allowed access to using WebDAV and OE/ Outlook / etc.

However, with all three of mine, using the WebMail extension, I am checking them in Thunderbird - so all is good.

586763265[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think the age of the account determines if you can use OE/OE Express with your Hotmail account. I am pretty sure it depends on if you had used OE/OE Express to access your Hotmail prior to when they restricted access.

For example, I cannot use Outlook with my oldest Hotmail account because I have never used it with that account before. Whereas with my second account I started using Outlook with it before they restricted access, and now I use Outlook with it all the time.

Kind of like if you missed the boat the first time, then you're never allowed on board.

I'm happy with mme good'ol hotmail.com atm. I don't think anybody would go to such an extent to get a @msn.com account. It's simply ridiculous (to me).

• 2 weeks later...

I caught onto this a long time ago because i've had paid msn accounts off and on on the old Msn Explorer. Yea but anyway who reallys wants an Msn email now and days anyway?

What's the point in having an msn email address instead of a hotmail one?

586720395[/snapback]

Coz many @hotmail.com addresses are already taken, therefore U could get a @msn.com address instead. I have one coz I just wanna use it for IM.

Anywayz, U could use any valid email address with MSN, U just need to verify it first.

I signed up using that link and it worked for me also :D . But 25MB is a dissappointment. Do we also can get a chance to preview Windows Mail Beta?

what's so good about having an msn.com compared to a hotmail.com? i know a similar question has been asked above, and the answer was some names are taken in hotmail, but my question is more like what is the good of it, are there any benefits to having msn over hotmail or is it just the same thing...

i was just wondering .. is it possible to make an email account with your own domain name that works for msn .. for example anth@anth.com ... i think ive seen people with accounts like this before but im not to sure .. is this sort of thing possible?

586849233[/snapback]

Yes - I use a gmail address to login to msn messenger. To do this, go to passport.microsoft.com.

i was just wondering .. is it possible to make an email account with your own domain name that works for msn .. for example anth@anth.com ... i think ive seen people with accounts like this before but im not to sure .. is this sort of thing possible?