Almost got caught up in the XBOX360 hype

I'm looking forward to all the new systems.

Also, for everyone waiting for the price to drop, didn't the xbox take over a year for the price to drop? I can't remember, but I had a friend who basically had that same idea, was mad because it took forever for the price to drop.

My only hesitations about buying it on launch day are:

Price, will there be a price cut in April?

Perfect Dark Zero, will it be available at launch?

Halo 2, will i be able to play it on the 30 with the wireless controller which is a big issue for me currently, the wireless thing.

The Blue Ray/HD DVD is a moot point. Microsoft knows that its most loyal customers are the ones who will buy the 360 launch day, and more importantly won't be left out in teh cold for games if a format is embraced. For this generation of Xbox all games will be available on DVD, even if it means you have to download a bunch of the game off the Live system, they won't and for their business models sake can't leave the launch day people out in the cold.

A pro is the new xbox live features and WIRELESS gaming, lets just hope its as good as the wavebird.

LOL  :laugh:  I just realized as I typed that last sentence. The 360 can be upgraded. In the article it talked about downloading patches. Its basically a pc dedicated to gaming!  THE PC HAS WON THE WAR OF PC VS CONSOLES!!!!!  Consoles had to become specialized pcs to keep up with them  :rofl:  ok, ok this is my scewed way of looking at it so don't fly off your rockers :D

586719931[/snapback]

arn't these the same things they said about X-box before it came out though surely. :unsure:

it always makes me laugh when people slag the console off assuming people will be like "oh yes you are so right i am going to cancel my pre-order".

I am buying an 360 cause i want too, i can afford it easily and if it turns out crap oh well it was my choice and i'll live with it, least i'll be safe in the knowledge it was my decsion and not some of a crappy mag.

If you got the money and want a 360 to hell what everyone else thinks about it get and even if the console turns out crap and fails like the dreamcast at least you thought for yourself and got it. The dreamcast failed but that is still my favourite console since the SNES.

The magazine may make good points but do you think they'll be all to praise the PS3?.

I don't think that I need to say anything else

really?, well i think you do. i think you need to explain why the **** you would go completely off topic like that

4 - The Graphics Just Aren't advanced enough

You know!...I had that exact debate with a few people on a forum and they just shot me down in flames. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks the same.  :happy:

586722322[/snapback]

Me too, when I went to wallmart it looked like xbox 1 graphics with a higher contrast and a tad bit better. Its no excuse for the awsome PC graphics there turning out I think.

Consoles need to stay true to there roots if they want to survive and not cost 500+$ expecialy because there largest age group used to be kids and now they basicaly lost that. Parents had a hard time forking over 150$ for the last get but it wasnt out of the question. 500$ is one big ass christmas present.

VIVA nintendo!!