[ncaaFB]do they need a Playoff

do they need a playoff in NCAA Football  

8 members have voted

1. 1. do they need a playoff in NCAA Football

• Yes
    • No
    • dont care

yes, a playoff is needed.

the only problem is designing one that works with the amount of teams. I personally think they put and end to independant schools ie notre dame. Then they can setup a similar system to the pros with wild card and "conference" winners. That way someone from the SEC/ACC/Big 12/Big 10/Pac 10, doesn't get left out if their only loss is to the conference champ.

Yes, it would not be that difficult. Like the SlammedGST said, they could take the top ranked conference winner (via polls) vs the lowest ranked conference winner, and go from there. Even if they didn't want to use all of the conferences, there are so many other options for a legit system, but I don't see it happening. They could use just the top 4 ranked conference winners... Top 8 in BCS... So many ideas.... but you would probably always have some school complaining about being left out of the playoff... Of course we all know the BCS does not work... Should have been USC vs LSU 2 years ago and USC vs Auburn last year. Chokelahoma... meh.

hear is my idea top 24(fell bad for 25) playoff. the top 24 teams play each other. they could make every conferences have a 3 game playoff(4 teams)(2weeks) and the winner of each conferences playoff play in a NCAA playoff(will work if they had 8 conferences) 8 teams to 4 teams 1week, 4 teams to 2 teams 2weeks, last game 3week.

it will take 5 weeks. their are to many collage weeks the last and 1st week has 2 or 4 games at that time