Feedback on this website

Question

Hey all, this is my first post here, though I am no stranger to forums.

Anyways, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a site I made to 1) work on my coding skills and 2) put my 'photochops' out on the net so I could easily reference back to them. My goal in creating this site code-wise was to make my first site without using tables to position elements and to work on a site that was universally compatible.

So basically, how does my code look, how does the site look, and what sort of suggestions do you have for me?

Here's the link.

Cheers,

Cobb

3 answers to this question

not too bad. a few suggestions though.

first of all, make sure you declare a doctype, which you can find here: http://www.alistapart.com/stories/doctype/

take out the ".article-title" class in the css and replace it with ".article h2" so you can cut down on the div tags. the list of links on the left should be an unordered list (<ul></ul>) without breaks, just define the list-style to have the raquo, which i think you can do , or use an image. there are a few ways to do that, but it should be a list. last thing, which is more just nitpicking, is to change the header from a jpeg to a gif so you don't get those artifacts around the text.

otherwise, good job.

not too bad. a few suggestions though.

first of all, make sure you declare a doctype, which you can find here: http://www.alistapart.com/stories/doctype/

take out the ".article-title" class in the css and replace it with ".article h2" so you can cut down on the div tags. the list of links on the left should be an unordered list (<ul></ul>) without breaks, just define the list-style to have the raquo, which i think you can do , or use an image. there are a few ways to do that, but it should be a list. last thing, which is more just nitpicking, is to change the header from a jpeg to a gif so you don't get those artifacts around the text.

otherwise, good job.

586728359[/snapback]

Thanks a bunch. The little things always matter, so I'm glad that you pointed that out to me.

not going to comment on the code but it seems you have achieved what you set out to do in terms of creating this site code-wise was to make my first site without using tables to position elements and to work on a site that was universally compatible.

but i'm not a fan of the colors, don't know if your keeping them but i don't like them, the BG is deffinitely a no go and i don't like the brown and greyish color, also, it's a bit plain and not very welcoming at the moment but i assume your going to add to it, maybe add a bit more to the header and get a few images in there somewhere

on each page when you click the car name, the top small table containing the details isn't the same width as the pics, it starts off on the left the same but is wider than the images, maybe make this the same width as the thumbnail images, see what it looks like

:)