.net framework 2.0

will the .net framework 2.0 be included in the next ap.also will it be included with .net framework 1.1 so there would be 2 versions or just include .net framework 2.0?just curious thats all.

in the next ap.
Do you mean SP? In that case, I think so..But my guess is you can download it separately as well. I have the beta (comes with MS VS 2005 beta :ninja: ) and I can tell you: it ROCKS. :laugh:

no he means 'ap' as in autopatcher

yes im sure it will be included.

as for 1.1, it depends whether v2 actually replaces it or not. ive heard that applications built for v1.1 still need v1.1 to be installed...?

well you can have multiple versions of .net installed,there are some that must use the older version but the new one may not have all the old libraries needed for those picky apps..net 2.0 is good to have.

Definitely include both: I have one app (Mathcad 12.1) that refuses to run if only .NET Framework 2 is installed.

People who only need 2 don't need to install 1.1, after all.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend including both.

The odd thing about the .NET Framework is that versioning for the setup packages don't work the way users have come to expect them to. When you install DirectX 9, you're actually installing support for DirectX 1 through 8 as well -- not so with .NET!

I guess the main reason for this is that each version of .NET requires about 20mb to download ... so for .NET 2.0 64-bit, you'd have an 80mb download! (20mb for 1.0, 20mb for 1.1, 20mb for 2.0 32-bit, and 20mb for 2.0 64-bit)