Would you spend $0.99/mp3

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend $0.99/mp3

• Yes, $0.99/MP3 isn't much.
    • No, I will just buy CD's from the store or try to find somwhere on the net.
    • I would rather pay a monthly fee.

Well say the RIAA did take control and they wanted to charge you $0.99/per MP3 would you still use kazaa, etc.

I would rather have a monthly fee in my opinion because I download like 100 MP3's in a month, So I would like to be like a $20/monthly fee if this would happen.

How about you?

kazaa is evil, constantly pings the hell out of any network, i hope that all my ISP blocks it soon.

I just buy the CD and do my own ripping to OGG

Originally posted by username

kazaa is evil, constantly pings the hell out of any network, i hope that all my ISP blocks it soon.

I just be the CD and do my own ripping to OGG

Well any P2P program...Would you? ;)

I would do the monthly fee...

I could get more songs cheaper, instead of buying cds that were 20 bucks a piece.

Example:

10 Songs on Net (each different artist): 20 bucks a month

Songs on 10 Different CDS: 200 bucks a month.

i wouldn't. as long as i can get it the way i can for free then that is what i will use till they block the road for me, then i will just have to find another. it is life. we all have our ways of doing things and views on subjects.

If for $0.99 was for a 1-off fee that I could re-download (from a fast+secure server) to my hearts content, as well as also covering upgrades to better file formats, as well as allowing me to use it on more than on personal CD at home + car/personal music player - then yes.

Like that will ever happen!

:cheeky:

--

unspec

I would do the monthly fee IF and ONLY IF the entire catalog of every member of the RIAA was available - and not only available in mp3 but in ogg, acc, wma, and wav - and available not only in variable formats but in variable bitrates as well - 128 to 320!

If they got their sh1t together enough to start up a real service offering the above and not just exploiting the genrosity of the P2P community - then I might think about such a subscription.

Until the RIAA does something to actually earn their money - they can kiss my a$$.

yeah, most of the pay download sites are just 128kbs encoded with the crappy xing codec. If I want to buy a song, i want to buy something that is equal to the CD, not crap

I wouldnt listen to music anymore :p Since most of the music I listen to is practically unknown and only on the internet....no more music for me :(

Originally posted by sailgreg

I am not worried, there will be a free source for a long time, at least entill the gov takes full control of the internet :)

agreed. nothing is happening anytime soon... especially when this type of debate is on the backburner of all the issues in the world today.

hell no...mp3s are meant to be free IMO...hell, even if there were to be a charge on them in the future, im sure there would already be another way to freely distribute music.

only if i was gonna buy short music for short people.

its got 103 songs, so $103 bucks for the cd. yah i sure would.... lol

i think, maybe $1/5megs of mp3 transfer would make more sense then pure song. but i wouldn't pay that either.

If they set up a service where ALL the music I wanted was at my finger tips (not having to have subscriptions with several different sites to get the music I want), and in very high quality, I would be more than happy to pay a per song or mothly subscription. But in must be in mp3 format with no strings attatched. I should be able to burn it and transfer it to other devices, without any bull****.