mp3 cd home stereo for bedroom

i need a mp3 cd player home system for the bedroom.

- something smallish and stylish.

- preferebly more then 20 watt power :D

- decent id3 tag and filename display

any advice on which one? currently i am looking at

Panasonic SC-PM31 Microsystem

Features:

* Includes pair of side speakers; main unit measures 6.88 x 10 x 15.38 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty

* Compact audio system with 5-disc CD player, feather-touch cassette deck, and digital AM/FM tuner

* Supports CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and MP3-CD formats; track programming, random play, and repeat play

* Re-mastering function restores high frequencies lost during MP3 compression process

* 30 AM/FM station presets; 4 preset equalizer settings (Heavy, Soft, Clear, and Vocal)

think its good? i have not seen it in person yet, but i am curious:

1. restores high frequencies lost during MP3 compression ??? how on earth??

2. if my mp3s are without id3 tag will it display filename/folder?

thanks for comments and any other suggestions are welcome

EDIT: forgot to say, even though i like the specs, i would prefer something less cold looking and more organic for the bedroom and also i could not care less for the tape player and even radio. tape player is a waste of space in my opinion.

How about you wait more than 24 hours before bumping your thread? I was going to reply with a more indepth post, but I'll just give you a link to a system I think is decent and call it a night:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...566&catid=23256

586756228[/snapback]

right so. sleep on it. the more indepth post needs you rested.

post when you feel like it. as for bumping, i thought it was 12 hours. wow even after so many years you can learn something new about neowin. guess i just never bumped my threads before.

yeah this seems a nicer system then panasonic one. i will definately consider it. i like the wooden finish of the speakers too. much better then just silver.

also reading this i found two useful features that would be nice. wifi to play music from my pc (nice but not necessary) and rewind fast forward of mp3 songs (definately preffered)

Edited by panacea