[Review] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1100

Damn no dual tuner, shame they haven't done this for Digital tuners yet :(

I have the Nova-T. No realy point getting one of these unless you want the FM Radio really

Its

DIGITAL TV

ANALOGUE TV

DIGITAL DAB RADIO

586754294[/snapback]

No it's not. It doesn't do DAB Radio it does DVB-T Radio which is completely different. It's not a dual tuner either as you can't record from Digital TV and watch Digital TV at the same time.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1100

PC World, Derby, UK

?89.99>

Ive never had a Hauppauge TV Tuner card, my last was an AverTV Analogue which was ok. So when browsing my local PC World i came across the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1100 for ?89.99, So i said to my self yes im getting that because mainly it supports Window Media Center which is a plus, ive also tried another Digital TV Tuner Card which was Compro VideoMate DVB-U2200 Digital USB External TV Tuner Box which doesnt work, it drove me mad, its a problum they have been having with the USB power

<Introduction-b>

Well when i picked this thing of the Shelf, you could fell the contents moving inside, The packaging is not good at all. The installing of Hardware & Software was simple. In all it's worth the money.

<Features-b>

Digital and Analogue TV for your PC on a single slot PCI board. Includes a hybrid analogue aerial/cable receiver plus a Freeview DVB-T digital TV receiver. Watch analog TV or digital TV on your PC screen!

Includes Hauppauge's WinTV2000 application to watch and record TV, in a window or full screen. If you live in an area where you can receive both digital and analogue TV, you can switch analogue and digital channels automatically.

Includes WinTV-Scheduler, so you can schedule your TV recordings on a daily, weekly or once only schedule.

Includes Hauppauge new IR remote control, for easy control of TV watching, record and play functions.

<Opening,Contects,Stuff-b>

Opening of the box is ok, The packaging is total rubbish its just a bit of cardboard, when you pick the box up you can the feel the contents inside moving.

The Card

post-26642-1135108136.jpg

<Performance-b>

The program runs ok, but when switching channels its a bit slow.

<Annoyances and Dislikesb>

*The packaging, Warning if ording online- pray the delivey man is a good driver.

*Channel Switching, Is a bit slow in digital mode.

<Software-b>

WinTV-2000

<Video, Sound, Teletext Qualityb>

Video- Very Good in digital mode

Sound- Stereo

Text- Good

<Pros ands Cons-b>

Pro's-

*Windows Media Center Support

*Digital TV

*Analogue

*Digital, Analogue hybrid

*Software

*No Need for Cross over cables (tv-soundcard cable)

Con's-

*Inside packaging is rubbish

*Channel surfing is slow

<Final Scoring-b>

Features

10/10

Packaging

2/10

Hardware Installation

8/10

Software Installation

9/10

Build Quality

9/10

Performance-

6.5/10

Value

9/10

No it's not. It doesn't do DAB Radio it does DVB-T Radio which is completely different. It's not a dual tuner either as you can't record from Digital TV and watch Digital TV at the same time.

586754307[/snapback]

sorry i got confused, with the Digital, Analogue thingy

this is a Dual

Edited by Capt.Curran

sorry i got confused, with the Digital, Analogue thingy

this is a Dual

586754315[/snapback]

No problemo.

Yea that's a nice card but it doesn't do Digital TV :( I want one that works with MCE and is a dual tuner Digital card, unfortunately I don't think they exist yet.

No problemo.

Yea that's a nice card but it doesn't do Digital TV :( I want one that works with MCE and is a dual tuner Digital card, unfortunately I don't think they exist yet.

586754385[/snapback]

Doesnt do Digital TV? :blink:

Read what it says on the box.

Doesnt do Digital TV?  :blink:

Read what it says on the box.

586754405[/snapback]

I'm sure he means real digital TV, as in support for CableCARD and QAM tuning.

Otherwise the only way to watch Digital TV is to run the output from your digital cable box into the card versus just being able to hook up to the outlet directly.

As it stands there are currently no Cablecard capable tuners for the PC

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rubish card

Do state why.

Also, this tuner is a Analogue/Digital Hybrid card, not a dual card.

Its tuner is capable of recieving both analogue and digital channels, but only 1 at a time.