[BF2] Spawn Screen Freeze

Hi everyone,

Just got Battlefield 2 and so far it was all working like a treat. All the Introductionary movies and the interface works fine and very fast. I decided to play Single Player, and just try playing the game and I got to the area where I presume the "Spawn Screen" would be, because I had a guy saying click on the left side for, etc. But the thing is, the Spawn screen never appeared?

I think I have the latest Display Drivers, but honestly im not positive because on the ATi site I get confused where to go. ;) If you want, have a look for me, Spec below. Windows Update says all my Drivers are installed at the latest version.

Any idea's on why and Spawn Screen isn't appearing? Setting's haven't really being fiddled accept for switching between Low and High, same result on both.

Laptop Specification:

3.02GHz Intel Pentium 4

ATi Radeon Mobility 9000 IGP 128mb (Onboard)

Windows XP SP2 (With latest Updates)

640mb RAM

Wireless 2mb Internet Connection

Hopefully someone knows more about this than EA's website states, I downloading the newest Driver now (1.0.3) Might do something?!?

Thanks for any help,

JMann

Ok then, looks like some kind of progress, but then again not. :pinch:

What happens now, after reseting my Key Configurations it now loads the Map in Single Player mode, but then automactically exits the program back to the Windows Desktop.

Ok, now wondering what to do. :huh:

Well all I can say is that its a 128mb and counts, but EA say that they dont note in the Min Specs Laptop Graphics, cause most are OnBoard, but they could work. Little information from EA for sure.

Edit: Just a quick edit, I just went on EAsyInfo and got the fact that everything is all upto Date accept for my Display Driver where I get a "No Infomation" message, its not a "X" which means incompatible, but I think I just need to update my drivers but unfortunately I cannot find the right link for it. :( Anyways, I attached a Screenshot to help maybe somewhat.

EA.jpg

Also, closing MSN fixed the random closing bug. Also, dont know if this helps, but after installing I installed in 1.0.3 patch after realising it did not work and still got the same error.

Edited by JMann

Ok well, clever enough someone at College managed to work out this way to do it, install New Drivers for another Radeon Graphics card. It works fine now and a pretty good quality. (Y)

I will check out those Omega Drivers as well, time to get playing. ;)

Thanks everyone.