[PL] Man Utd's poor form

i think it shows that man utd are truly rubbish :) (joke by the way dont want to be harrased by man utd fans lol :p) i'm a liverpool supporter and am very pleased with there champions leauge performance- but extremeley dissapointed with there premiership performances :(

Well i have to say, they are playing very poorly recently, lack of confidence and real passion.. but it happens to all football teams once in a while, sometimes it drags on for a long period of time.. take Nottingham Forest for example, Double European Championship winners, 3rd In Premier League once... look at them now, struggling in Third Division.

All i can say to any Man Utd fans is the same thing i tell myself as a Forest fan.... just hang in there... if you're a genuine fan of the club.

Better dayz will come.... :yes:

we played really badly against lille :angry:

586762388[/snapback]

That was also down to a bad pitch apparently... well thats what Fergie says anyway... :no:

What does everyone think of their recent poor form?

586762348[/snapback]

The big news recently was Roy Keane's outburst.

Nov. 2, 2005. 11:06 AM

Keane blasts teammates for thinking they are 'superstars'

ASSOCIATED PRESS

LONDON ? Manchester United refused to air Roy Keane's criticism of his teammates on its in-house television station for good reason.

The captain lambasted players, including Rio Ferdinand, for thinking they are "superstars," according to British media reports.

Keane said England defender Ferdinand and Kieran Richardson, John O'Shea, Alan Smith and Darren Fletcher were among those letting the club down, according to excerpts from his interview published by The Daily Mirror and reprinted by other papers.

Manchester United is seventh in the Premier League, 13 points behind leader Chelsea after Saturday's 4-1 loss at Middlesbrough. Keane, who is sidelined with a broken foot, criticized that display and the attitude of his teammates.

He reserved his harshest comments for Ferdinand, who prevaricated over signing a new contract ? reportedly the most lucrative in English soccer ? this season. Ferdinand has been in poor form and is facing calls by fans for United and England to drop him.

"Just because you are paid 120,000 pounds ($251,000 Canadian) a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar," Keane was quoted as saying. "It seems to be in this club you have to play badly to be rewarded."

United has struggled to replace players such as Jaap Stam, Peter Schmeichel and David Beckham ? all members of the team that won the 1999 Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup.

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced ones ? they are not leading," Keane said. "There is a shortage of characters. The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

"I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me. They have let down the club the manager and the fans."

Several reports claim Keane's outburst has severely damaged his relationship with manager Alex Ferguson.

The 34-year-old Irishman said last month that this season was likely to be his last at the club he joined in 1993. He isn't optimistic about the future if the team is to be built around current players.

"There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite ? we should be getting rid of people," he said. "These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers. They think they've made it ? they haven't."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...d=1130930037490

I think Roy Keane should go he's not being nice to anyone now.

Personally i think when you have a much younger squad that don't play at high level all the time of cause they aren't going to be the best team on the day because lets face it when your in the reserves you can't really get them to play any european teams much as they don't want to play during there own season.

But i think man utd will soon get better.

What do I think of their current form.....not very good would be the best way of putting it without getting a warning :)

Personally I think Keane is right, with the exception of Rooney and perhaps Smith none of the outfield players look very interested. Most of them need a good kick up the whatsits.

Whoever recommends players to be signed needs to get their P45, in recent years I can only think of 5 players who have been even worth the money paid for them. Rooney, Ronaldo, Ruud, Van Der Sar, Heinze and perhaps Veron (although he wasn't really suited to the premierships style of play he was excellent in europe). I have lost count of the number of sub-standard buys like Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Diego etc.

I hate to say this but I think it may be time for Sir Alex to hang up his hat and let someone else take charge. Someone like Martin O'Neil, look what he achieved at Celtic with hardly any cash plus he looks like he has a bit of passion about him.

They also need to get back to playing 4-4-2 none of this 4-2-2-1 rubbish. Ruud needs players up with him to feed off and play 1 2's with, he shouldn't have to hold the ball up for ages waiting for play to catch up with him.

They also need to start playing Rooney up front where he belongs, against Lille I saw him make more tackles in his 10 yard box than anything else. What pay all that money if you are going to play him in defense!!!

IMO there have been two huge blows to Man Utd, first one was loosing Steve McLaren and the second was not signing Ronaldinho.

Damn, didn't think I had written as much :)

A lot of Man Utd fans i've spoken to recently aren't happy with assistant manager Carlos Quieroz, and as for Roy Keane, imo he has to go now, time to replace him with a big name midfielder. The match against Chelsea this sunday is a must win now, a defeat would see them go 16 points behind, and i can't see any way back if they lose imo.

Liverpool are 13th but 2 games behind everyone else.

Pompey are 14th :) with 10 points.

If liverpool lose tomorrow and pompey win we will stay BUt if pompey can score enough we could go 13th if we win.

Pompey are getting better now :)

PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP

oh and look out for pompey fans chanting Charlie Nicholas is a W**K*R. We don't like that sky pundit. come to think we don't like any pundit or critics

i think it shows that man utd are truly rubbish :) (joke by the way dont want to be harrased by man utd fans lol :p) i'm a liverpool supporter and am very pleased with there champions leauge performance- but extremeley dissapointed with there premiership performances :(

586762357[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly

fergie made a misake sellin philly and kleber & djemba, he sold 2 midfielders where theres a lack of and kept o'shea (the crap bag) instead of philly. we need to bring in players in the jan transfer window hopefully ballack will sign for us!

Well hope that after the victory against Chelsea, United will find their lost touch. They really had some bad games, and the victory against Chelsea was badly needed to boost the confidence. Nice to see a goal from Fletcher. Now the other players should also raise their game.

Go United Go!!!