Running Windows through Mac

I have posted this in the Mac forum as well.

I have seen a screenshot of a Mac OS X running Windows in a window just like it was running a program.

Can this be done the oposite way round? What program would I use, and is it possible to download Mac operating systems? (not warez).

You can emulate the older mac hardware with an emulator and download a full version of the MacOS 7.5.3 from Apple. That's as good as you can get for what's out there so far.

The program is called Virtual PC, it cannot be used the other way round. I.E. you cannot run OS X on windows.

Here's a screenshot, you're lucky I was just converting Marvilla's icons:

VPC.jpg

It's Windows 98 cause that's the fastest. I haven't got a need for XP or anything else, I only use VPC for Gif Movie Gear.

I posted screenshots in the desktop threads with me running VPC as well, with Windows XP.

You can run any version of Windows on Virtual PC from 95 up to XP, you can also install operating systems like Linux as well.

With that Virtual PC, would it be possible to run Windows 98 as a program on Windows XP?

Why I'm wondering... is that I have the Microsoft Cordless Phone system, which is awsome, but unfortunitely it isn't compatible with Win XP and never will be. And I definitely don't want to do a dual boot of 98 and XP, so if I could run Win 98 in a window, that would probably work, anyone think so?

Originally posted by net-cruizer

With that Virtual PC, would it be possible to run Windows 98 as a program on Windows XP?

Why I'm wondering... is that I have the Microsoft Cordless Phone system, which is awsome, but unfortunitely it isn't compatible with Win XP and never will be. And I definitely don't want to do a dual boot of 98 and XP, so if I could run Win 98 in a window, that would probably work, anyone think so?

Yes you can, with VPC for windows, you can run basically the same as mac.