[NHL] Carolina and Atlanta to vanish in 2 years

Imo, there shouldn't be hockey teams in places where the winters dont get cold enough

to form natural ice.

586813178[/snapback]

Guess that means Carolina is fine ;)

My 15-year old daughter plays hockey in Greenville, SC.  She is one of the only, if not the ONLY girl in the entire county of 350,00 to play hockey.  There will be high school league starting soon, but that will be like one team that represents every school in the county. D'oh!  In places like North Dakota, and Minnesota, there are towns of 5,000 that have have had hockey programs for decades.

BTW, the Hurricanes are having a great season, as are the Panthers.

586813070[/snapback]

Greenville only having one team? I know they did last year, it was a bunch of kids from different schools and some out-of-state players which want be allowed this season, I believe. Greenville should be able to at least pull 2 teams. I think they can do it, but then I don't know how the ice avaiablitly is up there so I'm not to sure. Charleston's really taking off down here having 8 teams all playing at one ice rink, along with house, and travel. We manage to do it, so Greenville should also be able to. I know there's a few rinks up there, so why can't there be multiply teams?

BTW, the Hurricanes are having a great season, as are the Panthers.

586813070[/snapback]

Panthers are doing terribly. I believe that tonight will be their eight straight loss. I didn't really expect success at the start of the season despite predictions of success. They have a few old guys, a few young guys, a weak defence (that is budding, but not yet), and Luongo the only real all-star.

How about Houston or Kansas City getting a team? St Louis is looking for a buyer, Pittsburgh wont survive much longer if there isnt a new arena

Pittsburgh is a fairly good hockey town, especially with Sidney Crosby's arrival. I don't want a Houston or Kansas City team replacing any team, nor gaining a team.

One Atlanta team already moved to Canada

I'd say a good amount of teams should fold, with a few back to Canada. And yes, I know that sufficient folding to create a competitive league is impossible. Damn you, Gary Bettman!

if anything, NHL needs more teams.. i'd hate to see teams go.. hope this isn't true

and glad to see my leafs are #1 in value :D

Winnepeg and Quebec City getting a team back would be great, a lot of experts are making the argument that Toronto can easily support another team like New York (Islanders, Rangers, Sabres), but this one would be located near Hamilton. I definately wouldn't mind seeing 3 of those american troubled cities regarding hockey (be it fan base or arena) moving there.

Nashville, Atlanta, Flordia, Pittsburg, Columbus, Carolina ... move 3 to Canada fold the other 3

if anything, NHL needs more teams.. i'd hate to see teams go.. hope this isn't true

and glad to see my leafs are #1 in value :D

586815944[/snapback]

:huh: You're kidding, right? The expansion of the NHL is what killed it. And I would gladly see many teams perish.

Winnepeg and Quebec City getting a team back would be great, a lot of experts are making the argument that Toronto can easily support another team like New York (Islanders, Rangers, Sabres), but this one would be located near Hamilton. I definately wouldn't mind seeing 3 of those american troubled cities regarding hockey (be it fan base or arena) moving there.

Nashville, Atlanta, Flordia, Pittsburg, Columbus, Carolina ... move 3 to Canada fold the other 3

Definitely move back to Winnipeg and Quebec City, open a Hamilton team.

Pittsburgh is a fairly good hockey town. With Crosby, it will succeed. The rest....scrap 'em!