Worth waiting for the ibook intel base or just buy

Hey guys me again still in limbo of wether my parents will buy me that lovely ibook 12" but ill find that out at christmas but anywho should i just wait till the intel ibooks come out will there be much worth ti eg. will the ppc be supported for a fewa years after eg. 3rd party software

also im guessing when it gets released it will cost alot more so will it be worth it

Apple will not drop PPC support when the Intels are released. Doing that would be painful to their business in a huge way. As for waiting - if you have a need for the iBook right now then go get it, if its not required right now then hold off. For all we know right now, dual booting OS X and Windows may be a possibility so if that appeals to you then that might be another reason to hold out.

Yeah sean.ferguson is right, if you really need it then go for it but if you can hold off it then you will get the benifit of a cooler, faster, thinner iBook and the ability to Boot with any X86 OS like Linux, Windows, and of course OS X x86. Maybe the iBooks will have better graphics and the PCI Express architecture.

I have the same problem. My parents said they might get me an apple laptop for christmas but I am wondering if I should wait till the intel based laptops come out in the summer. How much of a performance boost do you think they will have and will the price be any different? Also, can anyone tell me how WoW runs on an ibook or similar sized powerbook? I'm wondering if it would run just as good as my PC. ( Amd xp 2500, radeon 9600xt video card, 512mb ram)

Well, what are going to be the advantages of the new ones besides being able to dual boot windows and a little speed increase. Because, frankly, I could care less about dual booting windows because the reason I am buying a mac is to get away from windows.

well, until they are all universal binaries, any PPC program will run slower.

that's about it.

the whole move to x86 is for future expansion, they are progressing faster than IBM can ramp up the speed.