HELP Im locked out of my PC

ok here is the sitch I just moved to a new fat where I-net (t1) is included in my rent, only one problem being a sysadmin here at my job I figured that I would do what no one ever does for me write the sysadmin an email requesting that 1 port forward from the firewall back to my internal ip but as fate would have it this guy has the IQ of a potato according to him (at first) it was not possible (Which is BS) so cuz he is such an idiot I went out and downloaded a port scanner then hit up the external IP got the router make and version from my scan and the went out on the web to see what I could find, wouldn?t ya know it right there on the manufactures website was a full list of instructions on how it could be done needless to say I wrote up another email and sent the link to the page I had visited the email I received back was appalling saying that his statement that he didn?t think it was possible was because he was trying to be "nice" (uh huh sure bud) basically he said there was no way no how he was going to do this for me, well that brings me here to my current state I still need to get into my pc weather it be through remote desktop pcanywhere or vnc but it seems the only way to do so is to have a port opened so my question is this is there any way to tunnel through a vpn and get in or maybe piggy back another port? I swear I have tried everything

If a VPN is available for your use and your machine is available from the VPN (not firewalled from the VPN server) then you can connect to it as if you were on a LAN once you initiate the VPN connection.

Originally posted by ahodes1

If a VPN is available for your use and your machine is available from the VPN (not firewalled from the VPN server) then you can connect to it as if you were on a LAN once you initiate the VPN connection.

So your sayin if i connect my pc through vpn to the vpn server here at work I should be able to access it? and if so would it show up in the lan with my internal ip at home or does the vpn need to assign something??

Your VPN server would assign your machine an IP address from your work's ip address range. This should work as long as they are permitting VPN connections out of their firewall. Chances are that they do permit this so you should be OK.

Another possible solution might be gotomypc.com. I know that this program has been able to allow remote administration out of our firewall and its almost impossible to prevent unless you specifically deny their domain.

Well I managed to pull it off with no hacking what so ever (a first for me) for all of you out there who have had this type of thing stricken your life this is what you do, or should I say this is what I did,

first i created a network connection to be the vpn on the host pc (my pc @ home behind a firewall) then on the Server (my pc @ work) i created a connection that accepts vpn connects then already knowing the host pc's name and a share on the drive i created a new network place once that was done it showed up with no problems in network places, once i confirmed i could transfer files i opened up remote desktop and typed nameofpchere and poof i was remote desktoped in to a pc behind a fire wall with all incoming ports blocked :) Ya gotta love tunnels

Originally posted by cloned420

Well I managed to pull it off with no hacking what so ever (a first for me) for all of you out there who have had this type of thing stricken your life this is what you do, or should I say this is what I did,

first i created a network connection to be the vpn on the host pc (my pc @ home behind a firewall) then on the Server (my pc @ work) i created a connection that accepts vpn connects then already knowing the host pc's name and a share on the drive i created a new network place once that was done it showed up with no problems in network places, once i confirmed i could transfer files i opened up remote desktop and typed nameofpchere and poof i was remote desktoped in to a pc behind a fire wall with all incoming ports blocked :) Ya gotta love tunnels

Yep ... and whats more, RD or Terminal Services now supports firewalls and routers :)

Originally posted by cloned420

ok here is the sitch I just blahbablalblahbhlab

You know...it is possible that he can't forward it to you. For example, if you're using dhcp.

btw, grats on doing what thousands, if not millions, of other people have done over vpn (ie, accessing a share remotely).