IE6: Status Bar Keeps Dissappearing!

Originally posted by sgtpritchard

NO! - Ain't that some crap? It happens to me too all the time...

Yeah, I'm getting annoyed at this sh*t. It's like the most common problem and nobody seems to know how to fix it.

I'm not quite sure if this is your problem, but..I have noticed, when you try to enter a page directly from explorer window, ie. Typing the url of the website you want to go to in the C: or any other folder, it will enter the page and change the toolbar to IE's, but the statusbar won't appear, unlike starting up IE6 itself and typing the URL in it.

I don't post often here, but I've got the answer! :p

I had this problem and it was very annoying until one day I discovered how to correct it.

Because Microsoft merged Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer (I know this happened a long time ago, but it affects this problem :p) disabling the status bar in Windows Explorer, for example in a folder (note: no status bar is default in Windows Explorer windows) it disables it to new IE windows (Ctrl+N). The solution is to enable the status bar to all of your Windows Explorer windows.

Hope it helped :)

I'm not sure if this ALWAYS happens in the original XP, but in XP SP1 the problem is fixed, but when you install Office XP, it happens again. It might be the same for the original Win XP, but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by JasonWebb

Have you tried XP SP1? If you're looking for a fix, there is none. It's a bug MS has to fix :(.

Haven't tried it yet. Yep, they should FIX this annoying bug ASAP.