Just found this - http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/broadband...id=searchEngine

"Unlimited. When you use broadband for business, download totals can reach surprising levels. With Business Broadband Single there's no usage limit. That means you can transfer any number of files or spend days researching online - without worrying about being charged for excess usage.."

Hmmmmm I wonder if I can simply switch to a business line....??

Im with everyone else ... cancel!

Funny story with my isp. I was about to move into my new home when i found out that my contract lasted at least until may 2006. And the contract clearly says that you cannot cancel if you don't have the possibility to get connected again at your new home. So i was kinda screwed but i accepted it.

So eventually the called me one day saying that i downloaded 60Gb or so last month (i have a flatrate), but this is too much for them. So the nice lady on the phone told me: This is a one time offer: We give you 100?, you can keep the hardware (worth 250?) but you quit. I was laughing and jumping. Not only i can cancel the contract, O, i waas paid for that. Best day for a long time...

198Gb???...in a month???

man, you are definitley downloading illegall content. You deserve to get charged for that insane amount of downloads. If I was BT, I would charge you, take you to court and then ban you from thier service

I've been checking some other forums and the scary thing is 200Gb isn't really a lot my some peoples standards these days! LOL!

I could say that Ive got 4 kids here all with a PC each and that we all download a bit, listen to internet radio all day, download game demos, patches and run various servers and all that but I'm not going to lie! lol

But these days abd with connections getting faster isn't all this just stupid?? If they had a tarrif with a higher cap (say 100Gb or even 200Gb) Id happily pay for it but Im on the biggest one they do!

Looks like goodbye BT or MAYBE switch to a uncapped business line for THE SAME PRICE! lol

I've been checking some other forums and the scary thing is 200Gb isn't really a lot my some peoples standards these days! LOL!

I could say that Ive got 4 kids here all with a PC each and that we all download a bit, listen to internet radio all day, download game demos, patches and run various servers and all that but I'm not going to lie! lol

But these days abd with connections getting faster isn't all this just stupid?? If they had a tarrif with a higher cap (say 100Gb or even 200Gb) Id happily pay for it but Im on the biggest one they do!

Looks like goodbye BT or MAYBE switch to a uncapped business line for THE SAME PRICE! lol

586845490[/snapback]

200Gb isn't a lot for a 2Mb line in that timeframe. Switch providers if I were you, there are plenty of ISPs out there willing to support your habits. I can do 200Gb easily by listening to uk1music (I do every day) and downloading linux distros for work, friends and my own hobbies.

Regards,

i'm with bt too. I have connection problems, I live right next to the exchange and they say I can't have 2mb because I'm too far from it.

If I was any closer I'd be IN the exchange.

I hate BT's limit. punks...

198Gb???...in a month???

man, you are definitley downloading illegall content. You deserve to get charged for that insane amount of downloads. If I was BT, I would charge you, take you to court and then ban you from thier service

586845290[/snapback]

198gb isn't much. and downloading illegal content? you don't know that, i must of downloaded over 200gb of perfectly legal content over the last month

only 198gb? :no:

move to zen... :p

586845381[/snapback]

haha yeah 198gb isn't much :p

i'm on bt business, best service ever, never had a single problem whatsoever.