What's the best free E-mail service?

It used to be OneBox until they started charging.. HotMail is good if you check it regularly and keep it below the 2MB quota. Don't give it out and you won't get SPAM.

The best I could see right now is Yahoo.

If you need an address to read *from*, I use Subdimension.com. Free w/o ads and its POP3 not web (though you have that option). As for SMTP... I've yet to find a free SMTP provider *I* would choose but I'm picky as hell :)

i can't stand either... usually, i find someone with a domain and have them set me up a pop3. no spam unless you ask for it.... and it's free ;)

i use qrio.com

it gives you 10 megs of space with all these phone services

if u live in the US they can notice you by phone when u get e-mails and all.. pretty cool i'd say

Originally posted by wattsja

www.myrealbox.com

They are down right not (not normal) ... but check back because it is the best.

I'd agree, MyRealBox is the best free email service. 10MB, no ads/popups, very fast, and no spam.

About the downtime, they emailed everyone to warn about the downtime, which I find very professional. You'd never get something like that with Hotmail ;)

EDIT: If you use myrealbox and you're an x-Hotmail user, I suggest using the "web" interface. You can choose from 2 interfaces, one is very simple, and the other one has a little more graphics, and is more spaced out. I like the web version better.

Hotmail, way better then Yahoo. After reading all the posts, I decided to sign in an account the Yahoo, and WARK! You call the better interface them Hotmail? WARK PEOPLE! Whats wrong with u guys? Hotmail haves everything right under the hand and you have everything u need... Let's say that the space that Hotmail has is the only thing that makes Yahoo a lil bit better then Hotmail... For the spam, if u know how to protect your email adress and dont sign in to all the ****ty mailling things, u will have it clean jus for the Messenger, cuz these days, no one right emails no more.

Originally posted by hurting101

I'd agree, MyRealBox is the best free email service. 10MB, no ads/popups, very fast, and no spam.

About the downtime, they emailed everyone to warn about the downtime, which I find very professional. You'd never get something like that with Hotmail ;)

Yep, I appreciated the warning from MyRealBox...and great no Ads or spam.

from those two i wouldn't go for any of them

maybe you should try MyRealBox (although i've never used it) but considering ppl like it on this thread it must be good

from those two i'd have to choose Yahoo but i don't recomend it

Originally posted by sphere

what about email.com / mail.com

it's great. no spam what so ever :)

That is so untrue, the web-interface is entirely filled with ADS/BANNERS. Hard as hell to get around.. After they stopped mail forwarding, I abandoned it.

Originally posted by BxBoy

That is so untrue, the web-interface is entirely filled with ADS/BANNERS. Hard as hell to get around.. After they stopped mail forwarding, I abandoned it.

i don't mind it. there is only 1 ad window that comes up. the interface isn't overly fancy, it's just nice simple to use.

i would rather that than 10 new pr0n spam emails a day in my inbox at hotmail