Neowin v5 promo

Question

like... ew :x

586860772[/snapback]

:rofl:

I agree with Pox though, it doesn't look that great. The neowin logo looks very random, and the choice of font colour is too light. ;)

The idea is pretty good, the presentation wasn't that great. Change the text to be white, maybe with a drop shadow or a slight glow, and the logo needs to be changed also.

here we go, i've drawn on your idea, it was good. the graphics work, however, wasnt.

this is all original artwork, yes i made the hills :p

no i didnt design the logo :p

but i traced the vector :blink:

neowin5promo.png

Umm...

Umm...

The compression on the image isn't bad. Good job on having no JPG artifacts.

Edit: For future reference, please note the original poster has edited the image and replaced it with a better one. The comments above refer to the initial image. The lens flare and work on the logo have improved it no end, and I congratulate the original poster for doing some great alterations.

Edited by Rob

How about we don't flame the guy for lack of skill, and help him improve his work.

If your child came home and showed you a mess, would you call it utter crap, just because they havn't aquired the set skill yet? No. Same applies folks.

Umm...

Umm...

The compression on the image isn't bad.  Good job on having no JPG artifacts.

586860907[/snapback]

:laugh: PMSL always one to find a good point, rob :p

I updated it, added a few things, changed the logo, etc.

586860923[/snapback]

yeah... um, not much better.

it's a bit dark, and the text is still :x

make it white with white glow.

the sun flare on the logo isn't bad.

It's a good concept, but you need more blue in it definitely. Don't feel bad about the people ganging up on you, some people don't know how to criticize contructively and you can't blame them for not knowing, so definitely keep up the efforts!

How about we don't flame the guy for lack of skill, and help him improve his work.

If your child came home and showed you a mess, would you call it utter crap, just because they havn't aquired the set skill yet? No. Same applies folks.

586860931[/snapback]

Aw come on, if he'd had spent hours on it we wouldn't have been so harsh. It was clearly done v. quickly and without much thought (the logo for example). As for the child analogy, it's a bit difficult to use in this situation: your child wouldn't post his artwork on Neowin in a graphic designers subforum, that's the point.

The new one you've done is a lot better, I mean a LOT better. A lot people put lens flares in for the sake of it, but in your design it actually works. Added to which the logo is a lot better.

Edited by Rob

Aw come on, if he'd had spent hours on it we wouldn't have been so harsh.  It was clearly done v. quickly and without much thought (the logo for example).  As for the child analogy, it's a bit difficult to use in this situation: your child wouldn't post his artwork on Neowin in a graphic designers subforum, that's the point.

The new one you've done is a lot better, I mean a LOT better.

586860937[/snapback]

That doesn't make a single ounce of difference, would you tell your child not to enter his/her work into an art competition because you yourself find it awful? No. He posted it on here, in hope of some constructive critisism. Not to be put down as if he shouldn't even try.

Everyone starts somewhere, and to block this person from wanting to pursue further in learning, is just bullying.

Aw come on, if he'd had spent hours on it we wouldn't have been so harsh.  It was clearly done v. quickly and without much thought (the logo for example).  As for the child analogy, it's a bit difficult to use in this situation: your child wouldn't post his artwork on Neowin in a graphic designers subforum, that's the point.

The new one you've done is a lot better, I mean a LOT better.

586860937[/snapback]

How do you know though? He could have spent a long time working at it. If it's one of the first things he's done I'm sure he did. And regardless of how much time he spent, you can still find a nicer way to criticize and give thoughtful suggestions that actually contribute to the thread. Not you in particular, I'm just saying in general, it's better to encourage someone to improve than to put them down.