Apple 'Switchers'

I like to tinker with my stuff. Cant do that with a mac. With a PC you can make it the way you want it over time. You can train it and it can respond. If YOU screw up (that is if there is a crash becasue of USER ERROR) you can easily go and fix it.

PCs are a blank pager eady for its user (Tron?) to manipulate its keys, BIOS, and drivers.

Macs are really retarted. I think the only one that looks any good is the platinum laptop. the cinematic dispalys are sweet.

I dunno macs are just so unappealing to me. They are great for graphics / audio/film editing. FOr day to day use they only seem good for people with learing disabilities, like the people in those stupid ass commercials.

Originally posted by Kemistry

I want my machine to be like my woman.

I wanna come home to nice a machine, thats looks good, responds to my needs that I don't have to spend hours trying to under what's upset it today.

Exactly. From October through May (when my college semester ended) I spent way too much time getting XP to look good & work properly. Now that I have OS X, I won't have to be worry about doing that this fall. From my short experience already I can tell that OS X works fast and seamlessly & creates a comfortable eye-soothing working environment. It is a real joy to work with.

Originally posted by Eth3l

FOr day to day use they only seem good for people with learing disabilities, like the people in those stupid ass commercials.

And this is because........?:ponder:

Originally posted by Eth3l

Macs are really retarted. I think the only one that looks any good is the platinum laptop. the cinematic dispalys are sweet.

I dunno macs are just so unappealing to me. They are great for graphics / audio/film editing. FOr day to day use they only seem good for people with learing disabilities, like the people in those stupid ass commercials.

That had to be the most uneducated opinion I've ever seen...:ermm:

Originally posted by bogd

That had to be the most uneducated opinion I've ever seen...:ermm:

Hey Man, lol, i think every1 Shares you're opinion there! BUT, these opinions arise Daily, and most of us "plainly bite our Tongue" and Let Fools be ... Well, "Fools" ;) ;)

Neyo

Originally posted by Kemistry

P.S. Its funny how pc users never complain about how bad the speed of things like USB are... when compared to FireWire...which just about comes as standard on an Apple Mac..

Obviously you haven't heard of a little thing called USB 2.0, AKA - 480Mbps data transfer compared to 400Mbps of Firewire. USB is the way to go these days, it's cheaper (20$ for a 5 port pci card) and more hardware manufacturers implement it. The USB vs. FireWire is an endless debate...Apple will release FireWire 2, which is 800Mbps, then there will be a new version of USB...and so on. I have a 3-port firewire card which cost me 49.99 and a 4 port USB 2.0 pci card that cost me 24.99, both technologies are good.

You guys gotta admit that Intel and AMD are pushing out faster processors much sooner than Apple/Motorola can. Whatever happened to their godly G5 Processor that can run at 1.5Ghz? I don't see it, do you?

Can't do a roadmap for the Mac (anyone care to do one?)

Sure, why not?

MacOS 1 - 9: Absolute Crap

MacOS X: Slow, 99$, Good Looking

MacOS X.1: Faster, 0$, Good Looking

MacOS X.2: Even Faster, 129$, Good Looking

P.S. Its funny how mac addics can justify JUST ABOUT ANYTHING apple does. They charge 129.99 for an upgrade, and you back them. They charge 100$ a year for their ".mac" services, and you back them up. Seems like a big game of follow the leader to me... If Microsoft did any of this, you'd be lauging your @$$ess off.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about the compatibility of mac/pc and hardware.

If you love tweaking your system with a bunch of misfit cards and chips and such, stick with a pc.... the 3rd party hardware is more friendly with the pc and you'll find a much bigger variety of hardware adjustments can be done on the pc than mac. If you love gaming, get a pc.

Personally I'm not sure if I want a mac. I would get one, but I'm short on cash and it just isn't on my list of things to get.. especially when I'm saving money for a car. Another problem is many programs/games you have bought over the years with the pc may not work properly or may not have been designed for the mac. If you've invested a lot of time and money with the pc already, I'd suggest sticking with it. It's not worth spending thousands of dollars on one thing and then switching to another just because it "looks cool." But if you want a mac because you like it, not for just it's looks, but for what it has... then get one. Otherwise I'd suggest being a pc guy.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

P.S. Its funny how mac addics can justify JUST ABOUT ANYTHING apple does. They charge 129.99 for an upgrade, and you back them. They charge 100$ a year for their ".mac" services, and you back them up. Seems like a big game of follow the leader to me... If Microsoft did any of this, you'd be lauging your @$$ess off.

Actually, if you look you will see that people are bitching about the prices of both .Mac and OS10.2. To some people, they have the cash, and it's a product worth buying. I can't say the same for Windows. People threw down $100 for the upgrade to ME when all it was, was Win 98 with new icons and Movie Maker. Plus, I didn't notice a speed difference between that and 98. Besides, ME was a lot buggier on my system then 98 was.

I'll be happy to throw the $100+ dollars down on OS 10.2 because of it's improved speed, stability and new apps. It's not follow the leader when you just want what's best for your system.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

MsDos 4.0 = ?99.99

MsDos 5.0 = ?99.99

MsDos 6.0 = $99.99

MsDos 6.22 = ?49.99

Windows 3.1 = ?99.99

Windows 95 = ?99.99

Windows NT = ?199.99

Windows 98 = ?99.99

Windows ME = ?49.99 introductory ?99.99 Regular

Windows 2000 = ?199.99

Windows XP = ?99.99 Home ?299.99 Full Retail ?199.99 Upgrade

Funny how ****ing soon we forget how much Microshaft Operating Systems have cost over the years isnt it?

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

Funny how ****ing soon we forget how much Microshaft Operating Systems have cost over the years isnt it?

LOL! i am diggin' ay style, always Deep Down and Dirty! :D ... haha! nice!

Neyo

well honestly... if i would... i will give Mac a try....looks whats the different.......... im stuckin up with win..... wanna try new one...... :p :p :p :p :p

Someone argued earlier that the iPod was a big reason for their choice in a Mac. Well you can use the iPod with a PC. TechTv also claims there are better/cheaper players than the iPod for the PC.

http://www.techtv.com/products/software/st...3373171,00.html

Anyway, I use PC and never had any urge to use Macs until their very recent OS. Either way it is a matter of choice. This argument is going to last as long as Pro-life vs. Pro-choice, Protestants vs. Catholics, masturbation vs. letting kittens live, etc...

Long time listener, first time poster. Neowin is the coolest.

Originally posted by FlukeII

masturbation vs. letting kittens live

Lmao, quite possibly the best first post ever :D

As for the IPod, it's gonna have to work flawlessly on Windows and with musicmatch to even get close to the way it interacts with iTunes...

Originally posted by Dazzla

Lmao, quite possibly the best first post ever :D

As for the IPod, it's gonna have to work flawlessly on Windows and with musicmatch to even get close to the way it interacts with iTunes...

Musicmatch?! :ermm: Man, Does ANYONE Like that Program?! ... i never liked it!

NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

Musicmatch?! :ermm: Man, Does ANYONE Like that Program?! ... i never liked it!

NeYo

Back in the day..when MP3's started getting popular those of us who didn't care for Winamp much moved to MusicMatch. Granted its the best playback and ripper out there but its a lot better than what uncle Bill offers us with Media Player... I still have it on my desktop today...

But going back to the IMac Vs PC debate. Lets look at software

Is the freeness offered by Apple better than what we can get on a Windows platform. I mean looking at iTunes alone, it F-ing fantastic compared to anything found on a pc..

Its got crossfading - simply superb - its intutive and easy to use...

As a rather sexist fellow IT bod pointed out today...

Imac and Mac software are "Chick Proof"...