T-Mobile MDA Vario Review

Nice pics. I really want to see VGA screens on some of HTCs Pocket PCs. HP and Dell have already got a few models out with 640x480 screens, but HTC seem to be lagging a bit.

Nice Review.

I wish the would release something like this in the U.S. Instead we get the P.O.S. Sidekick...

NO JOKE!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I will either get a BlackBerry or Treo as my next phone.

I posted new pictures in the first post.

Nice Review.

I wish the would release something like this in the U.S. Instead we get the P.O.S. Sidekick...

Yeah strange they don't have it in the U.S

Nice pics. I really want to see VGA screens on some of HTCs Pocket PCs. HP and Dell have already got a few models out with 640x480 screens, but HTC seem to be lagging a bit.

That's one of the two things i'm missing on this PDA, the other thing is 3g (video calls)

that looks a quality piece of kit...wouldnt mind getting something like this...wonder if its around in the UK :)

Yes they have it in the UK

First country was: Germany >second: Netherlands >third: UK

stuff like this just doesn't sell in the US. Most people dont care what the phone does and are too stupid to use it anyway. I wish it was sold here though so i wouldn't have to pay 500+ for new high tech phones that are unlocked.

• 1 month later...

I posted new pictures in the first post.

Yeah strange they don't have it in the U.S

That's one of the two things i'm missing on this PDA, the other thing is 3g (video calls)

Yes they have it in the UK

First country was: Germany >second: Netherlands >third: UK

Well, i came across this site while researching info concerning the Tmobile MDA and found the pictures, i am very please concerning this phone. I am a side kick 2 owner...well at least i use to be, that is until the last ota that came out pretty much trashed my phone. anyways, when i contacted tmobile to find out when my contract is up, and i was thinking of moving back to sprint, they asked me why, and i explained to them that tmobiel killed my sidekick 2 with the ota update, and now are wanting me to pay full price to replace it...anyways with out going all into that issue, the phone rep explained to me that tmobile will be releasing a new phone around mid feb06, and told me to go to the link www.tmobile.com/bethefirst and there is the tmobiel mda, or as they call it in the uk the mda vario....so to put it simply it is coming to the us.

• 3 months later...

The T-Mobile MDA (HTC Wizard aka Cingular 8125, Sprint PPC6700, Verizon Wireless VX6700 made by AudioVox) is the most compelling all-in-phone on the market today. Unfortunately, its reputation for weak reception and frustratingly slow-to-re-acquire/register the network leaves this device to be more of a Pocket PC than a phone (did I mention that it takes around a minute or so to turn the device on?).

I've had this phone for a few days now and its worked more as a WI-FI device (did you know you can make it 802.11g as well?) more than an actual phone! Fortunately, there are lots of hacks and tweaks you can perform on it to boost its performance (think Windows XP Tweakui) anywhere from overclocking to editing the registry for more customized features and functions.

If the T-Mobile Blackberry 8700g/8700c (on the Cingular network) had expandable memory and a camera and WI-FI, I'd be all over that device. Touch screens are nice, but could be a pain to dial phone numbers unless you have fingernails or enlarge the buttons. As compared to the Treo or Danger Hip-Top/Sidekick, this one's the hands-down winner - but this may be more of a MAC vs. PC debate more than anything else.

Bottom line, if you get an MDA or whatever else HTC Wizard Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC, be sure to understand its limitations. and check out http://www.mdahacks.com and boost your phone's features with hacks and tweaks.