:(...Why does my Laptop downstairs and Pc upstairs

Just hooked up my wireless on PC upstairs...its a Pentinum 4 with windows xp...I chose the setting I chose chanel 6 and and disable security...and it asked to choose what kind of wireless...Either G or B or mixed...I chose mixed..btw its a Linksys Wireless G broadband router with speed booster..WRT54GS <--Model Numba..so once its all hooked up i go downstairs to the laptop and try it out..i check my ip on the laptop and its the same Ip that i have on PC shouldn't the ip on laptop be different and more than that a 192...ip?....if anyone knows why this is happening plz let me kno its weird..thx.. :blink:

I think you're simply having a problem with a lack of knowledge. Of course they're going to be the same ip address externally, after all, you only paid for one ip address. However, when you type ipconfig under the command prompt for either computer, you will notice that one should be 192.168.1.100 and the other 192.168.1.101, the internal ip addresses -they're both recieving the internet from the same connection, the router.

What is the exact problem?

http://www.whatismyip.com <--When I check on pc that site i get

and when i check on laptop that site i get

68.82.98.196...same thing on btoh :angry:

teh haxors are cuming 4 u thats your external ip

if u go to

start> run>cmd>ipconfig /all youll find the ip for the internal network

but say on forums when im on laptop will it show a diff ip than when im on my pc?

No, people outside your network (your house if you will) will only see the external IP address of the router. This will be the same no matter what computer you use in your house.