[HOW?]Set a proxy server

Just thought trying a proxy server for my connection . I need specific details ( configuration )

Important :

- Using Opera

- Want to hide my IP

- If possible increase my internet speed

& sure .. free if possible

Appreciated replies ( links ) .

Cosmin

I am not sure if you want to setup your own proxy or use a free proxy on the net but here goes.

If you want to use a public proxy server do a google search for it but here is a site a used to suggest http://www.publicproxyservers.com/

It will work regeardless of the browser you use, will "hide" your IP (whatever you do your connection with the proxy IP will appear as yours) but will not notice any increase on your connection speed.

If you want to setup your own, i have no idea how this is done in windows i only know that there are programs that will do it automatically for you. I could point you to a couple of sites that will tell you how to setup a proxy based on linux though if you are interested enough. It will again work with any browser, will not hide your IP because the proxy IP will be your own but you will notice a "increase" on your browsing speed because of sites that will be cached on your proxy and have not been updated since the last time you visited them.

Ask for any more info you might want :)

Thanks .

Using Windows XP SP2

First I want to HIDE my IP .. any specific features ..

I want to configure Opera first .. just complete those tables on proxy server configuration and that's all ?

& want a free proxy server ..

Cosmin

Yes, all you have to do is select a free server form the list, enter its details in the tab in opera and you are set. If you ran a proxy on your machine you will not hide your IP. Be warned though, those proxy servers on the list i gave you log the traffic and if someone asks the administrator the ip that connected to him through a proxy, the administrator can find you.