Connecting my laptop to my system

I need to connect my laptop to my stereo but i cant figure out how to. My system has a audio in at the back but still i dont have a audio out on my laptop, only the earphone out. I had a cable to connect this before but i lost.

Is there anyway i can make my own??

It's a emergency and i need to make one real quick

Can anyone pls help me!!

c'mon anybody???

pls im desperate here

do you think i could use a 1/8-RCA?

becoz i only need audio and will it fit into my earphone out on my laptop?

they sell this cable at best buy, monster cable makes one i know. one end has a headphone jack and the other end is the red/white rca hookup. just go from your headphone out of ur laptop into an input on your stereo. it'll work.

edit****

the cable above is NOT what to use. you need a male to male adapter. notice the red/white end is female in the pic above. from what i can tell atleast.

if you are really desperate you can just chop up a pair of headphones and splice out the cable that come from the headphone jack. it will work since its only a signal that is needed by the stereo amp. I would suggest the previous alternative though.

my friend might have one of those cables with three outs not 2 which connect to the 1/8, but im not sure it will fit on the earphone out like the one for the ipod photo

they sell this cable at best buy, monster cable makes one i know. one end has a headphone jack and the other end is the red/white rca hookup. just go from your headphone out of ur laptop into an input on your stereo. it'll work.

edit****

the cable above is NOT what to use. you need a male to male adapter. notice the red/white end is female in the pic above. from what i can tell atleast.

if you are really desperate you can just chop up a pair of headphones and splice out the cable that come from the headphone jack. it will work since its only a signal that is needed by the stereo amp. I would suggest the previous alternative though.

Opps, forget that part was there. Well even if you do decide to get that cable just get two other RCA Cables and connect it.

no such thing as 3 outs. stereo has 2 channels, not 3. the only thing i can think of with 3 outs would be a component cable and its not gonna have a headphone jack hooked to it cause its for video only.

You'll need this kind of cable...

No that is the female version you need the male version that looks like this

B000068O33.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg Should cost you a few bucks.... if you can wait a few days I have like 3 of these...I can mail you one if you want to cover shipping ;)

Opps, forget that part was there. Well even if you do decide to get that cable just get two other RCA Cables and connect it.

yes that would work. circuit city sells the cheapo brand of these adapters for about 4 bucks i believe.