[Review] Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000 Laser

I really would like some more info about the keyboard, such as its size, battery life etc... I never had a wireless keyboard so I need your thoughts here. I know the MX1000 mouse can be charged by simply put it in its charger, but what about the keybard? Do you have to buy new batteries each time (or charge them)?

All the logitech keyboards I have had use normal double A batteries that usually last for a year, but since this keyboard has a LCD screen it might not last as long. I do not know.

I would assume you could use rechargables for the keyboard but IIRC in the little user guide it said to not to use them going of the top of my head.

You should look up the products on Logitechs site to see and if thats not there could try mailing them...

As for all the MX1000's its a sealed unit, cannot change the batteries and if you try to open it up it will void the warranty. It usually lasts from 4 to 7 days maybe longer depends on how much use it gets

my order from zipzoomfly finally came a few days ago. like a lot of people i had trouble with the mouse and kb lag. i switched the usb dongle to the usb port in my dell monitor and havn't had any lag issues so far. the mouse (mx1000) is so comfortable in my hand. much much much more comfortable than the one that came with the mx duo. the keyboard takes some getting used to since it has the media touch buttons on the left side of the kb which pushes the buttons to the right a bit. the typing is smooth, almost like on a laptop. i dont really use the lcd that much, but it's nice to look down and see the date/time. over all it's a pretty damn good setup, but my only gripe is the media touch buttons not working with foobar.

I have had my set for a little over a week now (got it for Christmas), and I too am loving it. My only issue is the annoying slight lag when you first type on the keyboard after not using it for awhile -- I'm assuming it is reconnecting with the BT dongle, it probably goes into a "sleep" state or something if you don't touch it for a bit. I've sort of solved this by getting into the habit of tapping the "Ctrl" key whenever I approach my desk to sit down. Then, when I start to type in my password to log in, it's already connected. This delay is really only about 0.5 second, if that, but it annoys me.

• 6 months later...

I personally would not recommend this to anyone. I do not have a usb port in my monitor. The lag that I often experience while using the mouse is driving me nuts. The keyboard is perfect though (except for the occasional repetition of letters).

You can kill the repitition by increasing the repeat character delay in the control panel.

And I have had major issues with this set, until I moved to connector to the front of my PC.

I have heard that cordless mouses arent as precise as cord mouses, a friend told me that gamers usually use cord mouses cuz they respond faster.

I have heard that cordless mouses arent as precise as cord mouses, a friend told me that gamers usually use cord mouses cuz they respond faster.

I don't get your point. Corded mouse do respond faster but compared to the newer models such as the Logitech G7, there is no difference. :blink:

I am impressed with one thing though. I called Logitech and complained about htis problem, and they are sending me a brand new mx5000. I don't even need to return the defective product. :D

***For those thinking of ripping Logitech off (such as me), I don't think its a good idea because they do ask for the P/N and the PID numbers (even though I have no idea what those numbers mean).*** :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

I HATE my MX5000 set after I bought one, there is so much lag it is the worst keyboard and mouse set I've ever used. I had to retire the keyboard just so I would have reasonable performance with the mouse.