• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I need some help with a slideshow

Question

Matt T    0

I'm building a website for a local car dealership and on the main page I've got a slideshow that displays new vehicles that have recently become available, along with misc promotions. It's all done in Javascript and it works reasonably well, however the transitions from image to image are a bit bumpy and not very smooth. I know how to do this sort of thing in Flash, however I need each image to be an individual link and I'm not sure if that can be done in Flash.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether I should do this in Flash or not, but does anyone know how I can make a slideshow like this with smooth fade transitions and the ability to make each image an individual link?

1 answer to this question

tainted    0

yeah easily done with flash.. Im not sure what you mean by bumpy.

Flash just make the fadees with flash then go in with each image and make it a button that will go to the page when clicked. Hard to explain but yes it can be done with flash.

If you go here http://www.3northproductions.com and check out the fader thing at the bottom youll see our logo fade in itll be a link... I think thats kinda what u want only each image will be a link