[review] Creative Zen Micro 5gb MP3 Player

CrowaX

I just got one about a month ago. 5 gigs is a little too small for me, but I can still copy about 65% of my songs on it (more if i drop the quality). The mp3 player size is perfect, and the scroll bar took some getting used to, but now it seems perfect. No real complaints about it, but I could always want more stuff on it. Great for $110, open box, then discounted at our Best Buy, which was moving locations.

lilcoopr

personaly I though roxy290 tidbit was more helpful then OP.

hehe thanks so much! :D

• 2 weeks later...
akiratheoni

Good review.

I LOVED my Zen Micro but having the first one falling victim to the one-channel headphone jack problem, then the second on falling to the karaoke-styled music (no vocals) variation of the headphone jack problem, I'm waiting for my Zen Micro to return so I can sell it and get something else. :(

~Jeffrey~

pyehac

The battery life is average. I got it in July, the battery died in late November, 4 months.

What? I just got it a few weeks ago, and the battery will last 4 months? Oh well, atleast I can change it.

Anyway, I love my MP also. The only bad thing about it, is that the photos aren't as vivid as I like them to be. And the bootup time is extra long. Oh, and the FM signal can be better, but I guess since its receiving the signal from the headphones, then I can live with that (I got an aftermarket headphone). The grey color isn't the best, but it could be better. And the pouch that came with it isn't the best, but atleast it can hold the MP3 player and the USB cable if. Finally, the hard drive is a bit slow because when I use portable firefox on it, the browser lags, but when I use my thumb drive its fast.

You can read more of my mini review in my blog (I'll soon make it a full review with pics).

JAbad28

Hello, I have the headphone jack problem right now, it's been like this since yesterady, what should I do? I do not want to take it apart.

PaulCabby

If its still under warranty. Contact Creative asap.

Or alternatively stick a small piece of paper in the ring in between the player and the jack itself. Only temporary though, doesn't fix the problem.

Michael1406

My sister has a Zen Micro, and I think they are cool. I'd have one but I like my 20 Gig Zen Touch better. :D

I like the sensitivity down to low on my Zen Touch. If I didn't want backup capabilities nor have 9 Gigs of music to carry around, I'd have a Zen Micro. They are worth the purchase.

JAbad28

If its still under warranty. Contact Creative asap.

Or alternatively stick a small piece of paper in the ring in between the player and the jack itself. Only temporary though, doesn't fix the problem.

I bought mine online off Circuit City, how do I know if I have a warrenty, but I don't remember if I bought one.

GNRambo

I bought mine online off Circuit City, how do I know if I have a warrenty, but I don't remember if I bought one.

has it been a year since you bought it? If yes, warrenty expired. If you answered no; return to creative.

JAbad28

I've had it since June, so it's only been 8th months...

UltimateGeek

/me notices more replies in this topic and makes a 4 day bump OMG MEGA BUMP!

What? I just got it a few weeks ago, and the battery will last 4 months? Oh well, atleast I can change it.

Hmm. Let's play a game called 'read the other replies in the topic':

/me is an idiot

My god, I plugged it to charge, and it works...for god's sake, can't believe I didn't do that. :D

I'll try to get screenies and crap later.

;)

Eh, forgot to take pics, I'll do it tommorow when I have my camera.