Buggati Veyron video 0 - 210 mph in cockpit cam

Well no, it doesn't - not in normal driving anyway. Will use it all in 12 minutes if its going absolutely flat out though. But then what do you expect if you're doing 252MPH in a 16 cylinder, 8 litre, quad turbo hyper car? ;)

One thing I noticed about it that was sort of weird but sounded cool was that it must use some air assisted / pressure system on the brakes - on Top Gear, a couple of times when Clarkson pulled up in front of the camera to stop, there was a sort of hiss noise like the sort a bus makes when it pulls up. Anyone know any more about that or whats causing the noise?

its the turbos.

It's better than the Batmobile. ROFL. :rofl: I'm sure this car will appear in some movies soon. :p

Oh and I think Clarkson may have exaggerated the 5 million Euro cost to make it.

And listening to the 0-210 run, it sounds like he says "60" after about 2.5 seconds and "100" after about 4. So I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that it's MPH - insane as that is.

Remember, if you let the Mclaren F1 get to 120 MPH, then start the Bugatti - the Bugatti will get to 200 first.

As for the wheels screeching, remember this thing has not only insane torque but also the best 4-wheel-drive system on the planet, along with the best transmission. With all that power making it to the wheel, I have no doubt you'd be screeching your way to 60 if you went all-out.

You can think of it as two Passat WR8 engines put together and pumped up by four turbos.

An error on their first page?

I'm pretty sure it's 2 Audi V8s. Not two Passat W8s.

i love the guage on the lower left 0 - 1001 that shows the BHP (brake horsepower) being used as you mash down. :D

Man if I owned that I wouldn't just park it anywhere. :laugh: I love the silver/gray one that I've seen in some video's

It sets a load of ground in almost every department. Most writers just dont feel 200mph. BTW the total power output is 3000bhp. I'll tell you more. Just let me get my issue of CAR.

Ok got it,

To quote Wolfgang Schreiber, technical director of Bugatti,

"1000bhp is swallowed by the cooling system, 1000bhp goes through the exhaust apparatus, and 1000bhp is relayed to the four driven wheels"

That is absolutely manic!!!

Plus i also read that if driven flat out for 20 minutes, it can gulp down 100 litres of fuel.

Paranoid. But then for breaking world top speed records, u cant do it without losing something, can you?

Nice car, i don't really like the front though, but from behind it looks awesome. The shot where the car is wiating on the railroad crossing. That could be from some ad.

yeah, the front is really a mixed bag for me too. looks kinda fat.

Plus i also read that if driven flat out for 20 minutes, it can gulp down 100 litres of fuel.

Paranoid. But then for breaking world top speed records, u cant do it without losing something, can you?

I think on Top Gear they said flat out it will burn through its full tank in ~15 minutes or so. But remember that's about 15 minutes at 250 MPH... So you'll go a fair distance.