MX1000 Disassembly

Heres a couple pictures of my disassembled mx1000 while I was cleaning the sucker out.

Let me say that the thumb assembly was a bit of a pain to put back together...

mx1000_1_small.jpg

mx1000_2_small.jpg

mx1000_3_small.jpg

Thats it. In case you wanted to see the inside of an mx1000 without doing it to your own... heres your 3 crappy cell phone shots. :)

i hope you can answer my question...

while you had it taken apart, could you see any reason for the scroll buttons to get stuck on anything inside? my uncle is complaining that when he presses on the scroll down button it doesnt snap back up like its supposed to/used to. And because its not going up as fast as a regular click of a mouse button, pages keep on scrolling until the everything goes back to normal.

thanks

^well its not recommmended since it would void your warranty. :/

the first i had was nothing but trouble-skipping cursor, lagging etc. i had that swapped over and now the new one works fine- the best mouse i've ever used. and the logo doesnt even come off.!! :D the sticker is stuck down and very hard to peel and the logo is now lasered onto the mouse rather than stuck on.

Since you managed to disassemble it and put it back together, I assume it still worked after disasembly. I would have got the MX1000 ages if I hadnt heard stories of peoples batteries refusing to hold charge, this means that if you could convince Logitech to send you a replacement battery (u would pay for it) you could replace the battery. I have had my crappy microsoft optical mouse for like a long time and if I got a MX1000 or even a G7 I wouldnt be upgrading or changing it for a very long time so seen there both wireless wouldnt want the battery to stop holding charge.

i hope you can answer my question...

while you had it taken apart, could you see any reason for the scroll buttons to get stuck on anything inside? my uncle is complaining that when he presses on the scroll down button it doesnt snap back up like its supposed to/used to. And because its not going up as fast as a regular click of a mouse button, pages keep on scrolling until the everything goes back to normal.

thanks

It might... if those buttons were pushed too hard or something they could dislodge their strange assembly inside.

Since you managed to disassemble it and put it back together, I assume it still worked after disasembly. I would have got the MX1000 ages if I hadnt heard stories of peoples batteries refusing to hold charge, this means that if you could convince Logitech to send you a replacement battery (u would pay for it) you could replace the battery. I have had my crappy microsoft optical mouse for like a long time and if I got a MX1000 or even a G7 I wouldnt be upgrading or changing it for a very long time so seen there both wireless wouldnt want the battery to stop holding charge.

Yeah replacing the battery wouldn't be a big deal at all.

I took it apart to clean the gunk that got stuck in the cracks around the mouse. It would have been extremely difficult to clean it otherwise. You'd be suprised how nasty it was despite my cleanliness ( i hate dirty hands on the computer ).

• 3 years later...

Not sure how my response to this will go since the thread began in 2005. But does anyone know how

id go about getting that middle blue bit out? Since the scroll button seems to be holding it down and when i

try to pull that part out it feels like its going to break... which i cannot afford to happen.

Iv got a sticky right click (Can of coke near mouse not recommended) I want to get to the buttons to see if i can

clean it up.

Any help would be very valuable to me, Thanks.