"Fanboy" Crackdown

As we are in the middle of three new upcoming consoles (one which is already out), it's apparent that heated topics are all the rage now, with constant use of the term "fanboy".

So, as of this moment, using the term "fanboy" against another member is grounds for an immediate warning on your account for flamebait. It obviously still had ground before this, but wasn't strictly enforced. That's now changing.

It is in your best interest to cease the use of the word, report any violators or members who are out of line, and have a sensible conversation about the differences and opinions in relation to the new game consoles.

If you have any questions, please PM me, another Moderator, or a Supervisor.

Update: Some PMs were sent to me under the impression that using the word fanboy at all was grounds for warning. No. If you would actually take the time to read the above information, I already explicitly said you would be warned using the word "against another member". In very simple terms (as if it's not already clear cut), it means don't use the word "fanboy" in a derogatory way.

Addendum I would also like to add that other terms such as 'Xbot', or anything of a similar nature meant in a derogatory manner toward another member, will also not be tolerated. Everyone needs to learn to respect everyone else, despite differing opinions. In the end, a staff member will be the final judge on your intent of the word(s), so it's best to just leave sleeping dogs lie. The best advice I can give is to avoid such conflicts and report offending posts. This keeps you out of trouble, and helps us keep this forum clean for quality discussion. ~ Chad

Edited by Chad