use a computer to store and play DVD movies on TV

Hi, I have a few questions I was hoping you guys can help me with.

Is it possible to play movies from your computer to your TV with DVD player quality? I basically want to save my movies on a hard drive and play them on my TV with the same quality as if I was using my DVD player.

What hardware do I need and how would I do it? Thanks.

You would need a HDTV and would have to save the DVD's as iso's on your computer. Then, using VGA or DVI out (depending on your TV), you connect your PC to the set and voila.

You can use svideo out and a standard definition TV but the quality won't be nearly as good.

You would need a HDTV and would have to save the DVD's as iso's on your computer. Then, using VGA or DVI out (depending on your TV), you connect your PC to the set and voila.

You can use svideo out and a standard definition TV but the quality won't be nearly as good.

What software do you recommend to play the movies?

I just went and tried this and it works BUT it seems my TV cuts 4-5 columns of resolution on the left and right and it's filled with black boarders (makes it looks like a box). I think this is becuase I have a standard TV and not using a specifc resolution I assume, right? (How does a DVD player stretch it perfectly?) I was using 800x600 on my computer and connected it through the S-Video.

If I decide to buy a HDTV, something like the 32" Samsung LNR329D which is 1366x768 will I be able to set my video card to that resolution and get a picture from corner to corner without any loss of video?